1950s/1960s BRD Postal Service Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kees,

I believe the hat in post #24 to be of post war manufacture. Your tunic has smooth buttons so probably dates from the late 50s or early 60s or later. It could go with any of the yellow pipped hats. Yellow was not used during WWII by the Reichspost. At least as far as I know.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

ok Gordon.
      what I have from wartime postal is orange piped as well.
      because the picture of the tunic is taken from a distance you can't see the buttons real good so I've made another close up.
      I've compared them to reichsbahn tunics and they have the same gold pebbely finish as these ones.
      that doesn't say anything about the tunics age cause war time buttons were used post war as well I think.
      what a shame someone removed those collar tabs,it would have made it so easy
      Attached Files

Comment

kees,

Thanks for a close up of the buttons. Interesting that they are gold. I have only seen silver buttons on DBP tunics. At one time period they had the DBP symbol on them. The same as the hats. At a later time frame they went to silver but I am not sure when these changes took place.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

The few photos of DBP uniforms that I remember seeing all seemed like sport jackets rather than 4-pocket service uniforms. I also don't remember seeing collar tabs on postal uniforms. That said, definitely not an area I'm overly familiar with.

The jacket shown looks more like a railway uniform. I have a M-43 style cap that's a similar color.

Comment

Sprogcollector,

Later uniforms were like a singlebreast suit jacket. They are a lighter blue in colour and do not have collar tabs.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon;I would post every single thread of this piece of garment if it helps finding out what it is.
              and Chris;has your m43 cap yellow piping?
              I've been googeling for gelbe paspellierung or yellow piping for days now ,also in relation to the trench digging cable laying postal workers feldmütze I've posted.
              the blue off the tunic in this thread however is lighter then wartime reichsbahn ones.
              all the best,
              kees
              Last edited by chiffonnier; 03-19-2012, 04:50 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

kees,

You have confused me a bit here. I don't see any PTT field cap posted here by you. Stonemint posted one. If you are talking about the grey M43 style cap that you posted that is for mailmen because of the cap badge. There are no lightning bolts on the cap badge so it is mailman type. Here is a picture of a guy sorting mail and he seems to be wearing on of these grey caps. He is sorting mail on a train. By the way, I'd really like one of these grey caps!

Regards,

Gordon
                Attached Files

Comment

goodevening Gordon.
                  that post I've refered to is in another thread just a few below this one with the title unknown alkero field cap.
                  also yellow piping.
                  last thing I wanna do is confuse you.
                  all the best

Comment

kees,

Thanks. I confuse easy!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

take it easy
                      goodnight!

Comment

I would date this anytime between 1946-54 based on the celluloid diamond and the Clewa logo:
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This is another postwar BRD visor that was sold on Ebay, re-badged with a TR wreath, and sold as TR.

Any idea as to what organisation?:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior--postwar Clemens Wagner logo:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

fifties tunic without any labels or markings.
                              thick wool with complete inner fabric lining.
                              Attached Files

Comment

great looking collar tabs.
                                buttons are marked;extra fein.

Kees
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X