1950s/1960s BRD Postal Service Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torsten,

Thanks for the pictures. I have no reference for the badge shown on the lower sleeve of your tunic. It could be for a driver but I don't know for sure.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Torsten,

I found a picture on the net which indicates that the badge on the lower sleeve of you tunic is that of a driver. This picture is from the DBP Fahrschule.

Regards,

Gordon
      Attached Files

Comment

I found some pictures on the net that I think will add to this thread, as esoteric as it is! Some of the photos were very small and suffer in quality from being expanded. Note that there are no lightning bolts on the cap badge as there are on the buttons. The lightning bolts relate the fact that the DBP was also responsible for telephones and telegraph until these were spun off into Deutsche Telecom.

Regards,

Gordon

The hat worn with the early blue uniform.
        Attached Files

Comment

The Deutsche Bundespost also had its own Katastrophen organization until 1995. These uniforms pictures were taken from an earlier thread. I believe Hoover posted these pictures originally.
          Attached Files

Comment

The label in the tunic above. The coat appears to be the standard one worn by the THW.
            Attached Files

Comment

The wimple flown on mail boats.
              Attached Files

Comment

One of these pictures is of a student and an instructor from a DBP Fahrschule during motorcycle training. The instructor in the side car has a clutch and a brake pedal on the floor.
                The other picture shows the different post horn emblems used once telecom servcies were spun off from the post office. The lightning bolts are missing on the newer emblem.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gordon, thank you very much for the additional and very interesting photos. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

BRD guys--
                    Are any of you aware of yellow being worn by the Bundespost in the immediate postwar years (1945-55?)

This hat is throwing me--Orange was the color for Reichspost during the TR:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The dealer states that the 'farbe is yellow. Maker is Oskar Hertlein, a TR maker that survived the war:
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Sorry, I can't help with the hat... but I did want to say the reposted jacket by Gordon appears to be identical to the ZB uniform worn from 1963 until mid 1960s. This isn't terribly surprising as there is a lot of borrowed designs from organization to organization within the BRD. However, this looks *identical*. That would be a little unusual. If true, I wonder if they got some stocks of surplus uniforms or if they simply had some extras made for themselves.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                          If true, I wonder if they got some stocks of surplus uniforms or if they simply had some extras made for themselves.

Steve
                          Given that the issue label actually says "POST" and is dated, I would think it's probably the latter.

Gene T

Comment

Yes, probably There are a few other ways I could see that happening. But yeah, the most likely scenario is Post went to the same manufacturer/s and effectively extended the ZB contract with nothing but a label change. My 1963 ZB label looks nearly the same but ZB is where POST is.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                              The dealer states that the 'farbe is yellow. Maker is Oskar Hertlein, a TR maker that survived the war:
                              Stonemint,

It is possible that they used yellow but I have been unable to confirm that. I don't own a DBP hat. They are very hard to come by. They wear yellow crash helmets and lately black and yellow baseball style caps. The chin strap on the hat you pictured looks post war to me but hard to tell for sure from the pictures. Here is some more info I found, in picture form, while researching this cap of you posted pictures of.

Caps that date probably date from the 80s and/or earlier.
                              Attached Files

Comment

more. The cap in the second picture is probably much later.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X