1950s/1960s BRD Postal Service Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1950s/1960s BRD Postal Service Uniforms

Would anyone have pics to show of early BRD Postal Service Uniforms please? Cheers, Torsten.

If you come to my Storage you can see 150 of them in my Boxes
    Sorry, for the next 2 weeks I have no time to take Pics.
    I can hear Edinburgh calling for me

Comment

sadly, no trips planned to Berlin in the near future and even Edinburgh is too far for a non-work trip for me at the moment ... ;-( ... if you came to Ireland, then that would be a different story, as I am there most of the time at the moment ... most the time in Cork, but sometimes also in Dublin .. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Torsten,

I have one BRD Postal tunic. It is not dated, and I belive most of them are not, but I think it is an early version possibly from the 50/50s. I'll try and get it out and take some photos tomorrow.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Most of my Tunics are dated on the little hanger Strap in the Neck of the Jacket.
          I think the earliest is dated 1954, but I also have some 1020's ones.

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
            Most of my Tunics are dated on the little hanger Strap in the Neck of the Jacket.
            I think the earliest is dated 1954, but I also have some 1020's ones.
            The hanger on the one I have is partly missing, but I can still make out 959 on it and I would guess then that means that it is 1959 manufacture? The buttons are pretty good quality and are made by Assmann. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
              Torsten,

I have one BRD Postal tunic. It is not dated, and I belive most of them are not, but I think it is an early version possibly from the 50/50s. I'll try and get it out and take some photos tomorrow.

Regards,

Gordon
              Hi Gordon, thank you very much. I will also post pics of the jacket I have once I have taken them. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Gentlemen,

My BRD Postal tunics. The first onw is dark blue double breasted tunic. The small cloth hanger at the neck has the makers name on it and is date 1961.
                Attached Files

Comment

The makers name and date on the hanger at the neck plus the arm badge of the West German Postal service. I have no rank charts for this organization so I do not know of their badge indicates rank or simply indicates a member of the Post.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The other jacket in my collection appears to date from a later period but that is only a guess. Possibly the 70s. There are no maker marks in the jacket. The buttons have a design on them but do not show the post emblem.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The post emblem on the sleeve is the same as the earlier jacket. The other picture shows the only tag in the uniform.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gordon, thank you very much for posting these pics from your collection. The one I have is like the first one you posted and in addition to the post horn patch it also has what I assume to be a driver's patch lower down on the sleeve. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

I have now taken pics of my jacket. There is only part of the hanger loop left, but the date 1958 is still present. The buttons are of particularly good quality. I assume the lower sleeve patch is for a driver? Cheers, Torsten.
                          Attached Files

Comment

the buttons
                            Attached Files

Comment

the remains of the hanger
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X