Show me your BRD Heer Tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon,

Nice one!! I recently received some pin on name tag holders. They usually went on the right breast pocket, didn't they? Maybe this guy pinned one over his left breast pocket to better balance out the "bling"? How far apart are the pin holes?

Phil, I'll see what I can do about GJ jacket pics.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Gordon and Steve and yes Gordon I think I will rethink that no officers jackets although I do have a liking for jackets worn by long serving enlisted men who attained say feldwebel ranks. I spent 30+ years in the Police force and I know its not the same thing but I dont like officers (sounds a lot like Sgt Steiner on Cross of Iron doesnt it). This I think is where the prejudice stems from even though I have more officers tunics than NCO's. Nice tunics Gordon...love the Panzer tunic.

Phil

Comment

As requested... some GJ jackets.

First is an officers from 1973. High quality wool.

Can someone help me figure out what missing badges may have been worn on this one? There are pin holes for two Tätigkeitsabzeichen over the right breast pocket. But 1973 is too early for metal Tätigkeitsabzeichen?

There are Two similar spaced holes at the top of the left breast pocket flap (just below the ribbon bar). I assume this is for a name tag? If so, what would be the correct type for 1970s? Leather?

Next is an NCO jacket from 1972. I reassembled this as it wasn't correctly badged when I got it:

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
          First up is a panzer tunic for a Hauptfeldwebel u. A. from the 12th Panzer Division, Panzer Battalion 344.
          I am pretty sure you accidently worte HFw.
          The tunic is for a Hauptgefreiten (UA - Unteroffiziersanwärter) HptGefr. UA

Cheers,
          Philipp

Comment

Now your talking Steve...love both of them. On the first what unit hanger is that on the right pocket and if possible could I see a close up of it?

Phil

Comment

Hi Steve,

sorry, this is no Affenjacke, only the short version is the Affenjacke:

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                As requested... some GJ jackets.

First is an officers from 1973. High quality wool.

Can someone help me figure out what missing badges may have been worn on this one? There are pin holes for two Tätigkeitsabzeichen over the right breast pocket. But 1973 is too early for metal Tätigkeitsabzeichen?

There are Two similar spaced holes at the top of the left breast pocket flap (just below the ribbon bar). I assume this is for a name tag? If so, what would be the correct type for 1970s? Leather?

Steve
                The Brustenhanger is for GebJgBtl 233. Have you looked to see if Parachutists wings will fit over the right pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                  Gordon,

Nice one!! I recently received some pin on name tag holders. They usually went on the right breast pocket, didn't they? Maybe this guy pinned one over his left breast pocket to better balance out the "bling"? How far apart are the pin holes?

Phil, I'll see what I can do about GJ jacket pics.

Steve
                  Steve,

Name tags went on the left breast for Dienstanzug. I believe that the leather ones were used up to circa 1979 and then the plastic ones were introduced. They went above the breast pocket if no ribbon bar was worn and on the pocket flap if a ribbon bar was worn. The leather ones also came with a hanger and could be suspended from the left breast pocket button.
                  On one of the tunic there are two holes centred over the pocket button indicating a single ribbon bar was worn. On the other tunic just several pick marks. It could have been for a pin on name tag and probably was.

Regards,

Gordon
                  Last edited by Gordon Craig; 04-20-2011, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Steve, Like your officers GJ jacket! I have a 1973 dated one too...but for a Gefreiter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                      You mentioned earlier that you were not interested in collecting offocers uniforms. I think you are ruling out some very interesting uniforms here and suggest you rethink this decision. The next uniform was selected to illustrate my point. It is a later, tailor man officers jacket. The quality of the material is much better and considerably lighter in colour which normal.
                      The tunic is for a Captian of Reserves in Army Aviation (Heeresflieger). Army Aviation soldiers wore the same cuffband as the airforce but in dark grey instead of blue. Their arm of service colour is grey. He wears the arm badge of the 6th Panzer Grenadier Division Head Quarters. He wears embroidered BW wings and metal U.S. Air Force wings. All flying training, with the possible exception of upgrading from one aircraft to another, is given in the U.S.
                      There are indications that at some time something was pinned through the material, above the left pocket, of both of these tunics but there is no way of determining what that was so I have not attached anything there.

Regards,

Gordon
                      I stated that my collection focuses more on enlisted men and NCOs I have nothing against officers uniforms, in fact in the future I may invest in several officers pieces. Your Heersflieger tunic is an impressive example and Ive always been a fan of the foreign awards on Bundeswehr tunics, my Luftwaffe tunic has an American marksmanship badge on them. I wonder if theres a regulation in the German military that states whether or not the shooting cord can be worn with an American badge or does it have to be one or the other?

P.S. Those are a pair of U.S. Army Aviator wings not U.S. Air Force wings. There's a slight difference between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemm View Post
                        Thanks Gordon and Steve and yes Gordon I think I will rethink that no officers jackets although I do have a liking for jackets worn by long serving enlisted men who attained say feldwebel ranks. I spent 30+ years in the Police force and I know its not the same thing but I dont like officers (sounds a lot like Sgt Steiner on Cross of Iron doesnt it). This I think is where the prejudice stems from even though I have more officers tunics than NCO's. Nice tunics Gordon...love the Panzer tunic.

Phil
                        Lemm I was enlisted in the United States Army so I understand the preference for enlisted and NCO militaria versus the abundance of officer items. I think also in terms of military ideology translated to collecting there's also a sense of collecting items closer to the battlefront. The enlisted man; the man with the rifle is out there serving and attains the victory. The NCOs lead the enlisted man into battle and direct the victory. The officer after the grade of Captain begins to focus more towards the desk and administrative side of defense matters and thus politics generally come to play and thus is not as appealing.

Comment

When are medals worn on a Bundeswehr tunic versus the ribbons because I have a collection of Bundeswehr medals and some have ribbons but how are they worn on the Bundeswehr tunic like say the Grosses Bundesverdienstkreuz?

Comment

Originally posted by RedCatcher1986 View Post
                            I stated that my collection focuses more on enlisted men and NCOs I have nothing against officers uniforms, in fact in the future I may invest in several officers pieces. Your Heersflieger tunic is an impressive example and Ive always been a fan of the foreign awards on Bundeswehr tunics, my Luftwaffe tunic has an American marksmanship badge on them. I wonder if theres a regulation in the German military that states whether or not the shooting cord can be worn with an American badge or does it have to be one or the other?

P.S. Those are a pair of U.S. Army Aviator wings not U.S. Air Force wings. There's a slight difference between the two.
                            Redcatcher1986,

Thanks for correction. I knew that but somehow wrote the wrong thing. That is twice yesterday!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Towarish View Post
                              I am pretty sure you accidently worte HFw.
                              The tunic is for a Hauptgefreiten (UA - Unteroffiziersanwärter) HptGefr. UA

Cheers,
                              Philipp
                              Phil,

Thanks for catching my error. You are of course correct and I will change my post.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Lemm View Post
                                Here you go Gordon a better (and I use the term loosely) of the shoulder patch and ribbon bar. A photographer I am not. The shoulder patch does not have those funny coloured washed patches on it that was caused by the flash.
                                I would be interested on what units this guy could have been with so I could add a Brustanhanger to the uniform and what the medals are. Thanks

Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the better picture of the arm badge. It is for the Territorial Command II (Territorialkommando II) in Hannover. The Territorial Commands no longer exist. They were composed of command organizations and skeleton reserve units who could be activated in case of war. Reserve personnel now do their time with regular BW units. At least that is my understanding of the current situation.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X