Show me your BRD Heer Tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Towarish View Post
    I am pretty sure you accidently worte HFw.
    The tunic is for a Hauptgefreiten (UA - Unteroffiziersanwärter) HptGefr. UA

Cheers,
    Philipp
    Philipp,

Thanks for spotting my error. It has been corrected.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by RedCatcher1986 View Post
      When are medals worn on a Bundeswehr tunic versus the ribbons because I have a collection of Bundeswehr medals and some have ribbons but how are they worn on the Bundeswehr tunic like say the Grosses Bundesverdienstkreuz?
      RedCatcher1986,

Medal bars were rarely if ever worn. Ex BW soldiers have told us on this forum that they never bothered to mount them as they knew that they would never wear them. You will find medal bars for sale. Here are some examplse of medals bars from my picture archives.
      Attached Files

Comment

And one more.
        Attached Files

Comment

There is an instance where medals are worn and that is at an award ceremony. Even then, the ribbon bar is worn on the uniform. Here are a couple examples of that happening. You might also note, that despite my earlier comments that the name tag was worn on the pocket when the ribbon bar was worn in these pictures the name tag is shown worn above the pocket with the ribbon bar above that and in the other picture no name tag is worn at all. Just goes to show that despite what regulations state, many different things are done.

Regards,

Gordon
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Gordon Craig; 04-20-2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
            RedCatcher1986,

Medal bars were rarely if ever worn. Ex BW soldiers have told us on this forum that they never bothered to mount them as they knew that they would never wear them. You will find medal bars for sale. Here are some examplse of medals bars from my picture archives.
            Ive always thought it quite unique how the Bundeswehr does their medal bars. I have a collection of single medals and such. I need to begin investing in badges to compliment my medals collection

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
              There is an instance where medals are worn and that is at an award ceremony. Even then, the ribbon bar is worn on the uniform. Here are a couple examples of that happening. You might also note, that despite my earlier comments that the name tag was worn on the pocket when the ribbon bar was worn in these pictures the name tag is shown worn above the pocket with the ribbon bar above that and in the other picture no name tag is worn at all. Just goes to show that despite what regulations state, many different things are done.

Regards,

Gordon
              Hmmm interesting how German soldiers wear their ribbon bars reverse of how American soldiers tend to wear theirs on their dress uniforms with the single ribbon on the top of the mount rather than the single on the bottom just above the breast pocket. Thanks for the pictures Gordon

Comment

I know its not Heer but heres my only Bundeswehr tunic my Luftwaffe tunic

Comment

Post 49. Second image, first man, looks as though he has qualified as a Basic Free Fall Parachutist with the USArmy 1 Bde Cmbt Team of 82nd Abn Div. Incorrectly worn (for the BW) above his ribbons. Not all that clear, but the second man is wearing them in the correct place!
                  Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff View Post
                    Post 49. Second image, first man, looks as though he has qualified as a Basic Free Fall Parachutist with the USArmy 1 Bde Cmbt Team of 82nd Abn Div. Incorrectly worn (for the BW) above his ribbons. Not all that clear, but the second man is wearing them in the correct place!
                    Marc
                    Where do you get the unit distinction from just about anyone can earn the Basic Free Fall Parachutist badge and its not uncommon to see errors in wearing foreign awards on a uniform of other nations. Ive seen foreign badges worn Im sure quite improper on American uniforms. Then again most distinctions even if they are a nation's highest honor are always the lowest in precedence on American uniforms. Example if an American earns the Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr für Tapferkeit like the MEDEVAC guys who rescued the German troops in Afghanistan, it is the last ribbon worn on his ribbon bar behind all of his American decorations.

Comment

Originally posted by RedCatcher1986 View Post
                      Where do you get the unit distinction from.
                      The background trimming (Yellow & Blue) on the US Institute of Heraldry web site, I apologise if this is incorrect.
                      Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff View Post
                        The background trimming (Yellow & Blue) on the US Institute of Heraldry web site, I apologise if this is incorrect.
                        Marc
                        Mark,

I've seen this done before where the BW soldier is wearing the Leistungsabzeichen on the pocket.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon thanks for showing the medal bars. I have never seen these before. And thanks for the explanation regarding the should patch. I am learning a bit on this thread.

Phil

Comment

Figured I would post a couple more tunics...why not..

1966 Signals EM jacket, its a work in progress, I have the verbandsabzeichen and collar piping in hand, just need to get it to the tailor to have it put back on.

Mid 1960s Gebirgsjager Oblt.

1968 Artillery Oberfeldwebel. Its a real "Sgt Schultz" sized one

1972 Technical Troops Oberfeldwebel

Comment

Originally posted by Lemm View Post
                              Here you go Gordon a better (and I use the term loosely) of the shoulder patch and ribbon bar. A photographer I am not. The shoulder patch does not have those funny coloured washed patches on it that was caused by the flash.
                              I would be interested on what units this guy could have been with so I could add a Brustanhanger to the uniform and what the medals are. Thanks

Phil

Phil,

I have been trying to come up with some units that were within Wehrbereichskommando II but I need to have some more info on this tunic. What is the date of manufacture as show on the makers label? I suspect it is from the early 70s. The reason I ask is that over the years the BW went through many changes/reorganizations. The largest changes were known as Heeresstrukture 1, 2,3 etc. These "structures" were applicable to a specific time frame. Lots of units were renamed in these structural changes. If I know the date of your tunic then I might be able to suggest some specific unifts within Wehrbereichskommando II for that time period.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thanks Gordon it is 1973 for this tunic. Passauer8884 lovely tunics and if you ever consider off loading the GBJ tunic then I am your man. Thanks for showing.

Phil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X