Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show me your BRD Heer Tunics

Hi fella's

As a new guy to this forum I would dearly love to see some of your BRD tunics. As I have said to Gordon in a pm my interest at the moment is to build up a collection of BRD tunics representing most arms of the Heer like panzer, gebirgsjager, paratrooper, panzergrenadier etc. I am more interested in the later jackets say from 1975 onwards and would appreciate some with awards etc and maybe an explanation of badges/awards attached to the jacket. I am still very much in the learning phase and I thought if I could see what some of you guys have in your collections then I might get some direction of where I want my collecting to go.
    Just to start you off here is my first and only jacket at the moment. Apart from the beret which I now know is not correct for the jacket, what you see is how I purchased it. This artillery jacket is what got me hooked on BRD uniforms. I hope you like it despite my bad photography .

Thanks
    Phil

Originally posted by Lemm View Post
    Hi fella's

As a new guy to this forum I would dearly love to see some of your BRD tunics. As I have said to Gordon in a pm my interest at the moment is to build up a collection of BRD tunics representing most arms of the Heer like panzer, gebirgsjager, paratrooper, panzergrenadier etc. I am more interested in the later jackets say from 1975 onwards and would appreciate some with awards etc and maybe an explanation of badges/awards attached to the jacket. I am still very much in the learning phase and I thought if I could see what some of you guys have in your collections then I might get some direction of where I want my collecting to go.
    Just to start you off here is my first and only jacket at the moment. Apart from the beret which I now know is not correct for the jacket, what you see is how I purchased it. This artillery jacket is what got me hooked on BRD uniforms. I hope you like it despite my bad photography .

Thanks
    Phil

Greetings Phil,

I too am interested in Bundewehr tunics and uniforms. Great example you have here. Currently I only have a Luftwaffe tunic, the other one I have is an East German border guard tunic. My collection specialty is mostly the Cold War period with two Germanys. Hopefully soon I can acquire a Bundeswehr Heer tunic. I want to get a Panzertruppen or Panzergrenadier tunic. Good luck in your collectors hunt. Keep up the good work

Sincerely,
    DeWayne

Comment

Phil, I have the "bug" too. My interest is in the 1959-73 time frame. Here is a tunic that I aquired last year on my yearly trip to Germany. Its for a Oberstleutnant of the Panzergrenadiers, with the verbandsabzeichen of Panzerbrigade 15/ 5.Panzerdivision (Panzergrenadierbatallion 152??) It dates from the early 90s Im guessing as Panzerbrigade 15 was disbanded in 1993. The badging/awards is what came with the tunic. Sadly the nameplate and brustanhanger weren't there, but it did come with its matching trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by PASSAUER8884 View Post
        Phil, I have the "bug" too. My interest is in the 1959-73 time frame. Here is a tunic that I aquired last year on my yearly trip to Germany. Its for a Oberstleutnant of the Panzergrenadiers, with the verbandsabzeichen of Panzerbrigade 15/ 5.Panzerdivision (Panzergrenadierbatallion 152??) It dates from the early 90s Im guessing as Panzerbrigade 15 was disbanded in 1993. The badging/awards is what came with the tunic. Sadly the nameplate and brustanhanger weren't there, but it did come with its matching trousers.

Nice Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr in Gold ribbon on your tunic

Comment

Hi fella's

Thanks
          Phil

Phil,

Interesting tunic. The twisted national colours cords on the shoulder boards indicate he is in the reserves. I'd be interested in seeing a better picture of the arm badge. That will give us an idea of where he served. Also a better picture of the ribbon bar. I can not tell what the centre ribbon looks like.

Regards,

Gordon
          Last edited by Gordon Craig; 04-20-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PASSAUER8884 View Post

PASSAUER8884,

An interesting tunic. One comment though. The chances of this officer wear this high an award as a single ribbon are virtually nil. I'll try and post a picture of something that would be more realistic shortly.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Now that leads me to another question. Guys on WW2 german tunics they sewed loops for all their awards although I do have one tunic that a ribbon bar was worn pinned through the uniform but in the main they had loops. My artillery Hauptmann's tunic just has the ribbon bar pinned through the cloth and the badge pinned into the cloth. Is this the norm. I have seen on a jacket made 1974 a set of loops for ribbon bar but that was the only one. Has the practice of loops faded out?

Phil

Comment

And Passauer8884 that is a real nice tunic and one that is on my must get list. Thanks for showing.

Phil

Comment

Gordon, yeah I had to overcome the temptaion to "beef up" the ribbon bar, but when I got the tunic it clearly had the "pinch mark"/ pin holes for a single place ribbon bar, and the one that is on there was in the pocket. I have seen a few pics of senior officers with one or two place bars (or even none at all....)

Comment

Here you go Gordon a better (and I use the term loosely) of the shoulder patch and ribbon bar. A photographer I am not. The shoulder patch does not have those funny coloured washed patches on it that was caused by the flash.
                    I would be interested on what units this guy could have been with so I could add a Brustanhanger to the uniform and what the medals are. Thanks

Phil

Comment

Hi Phil,

very nice tunic

I have 3 in my collection.

There are:
                      - medical Oberst with ribbon bar DKiS
                      - Brigadegeneral Gesellschaftsanzug
                      - Fregattenkapitän

Here they are
                      Attached Files

Comment

And my Fregattenkapitän....the pic with the 2 place medal bar is the newest
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here you go Gordon a better (and I use the term loosely) of the shoulder patch and ribbon bar. A photographer I am not. The shoulder patch does not have those funny coloured washed patches on it that was caused by the flash.
                          I would be interested on what units this guy could have been with so I could add a Brustanhanger to the uniform and what the medals are. Thanks

Phil

Im not sure what your center ribbon is but you have an Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr in Gold, and a Deutsches Sportsabzeichen in Gold nice tunic

Comment

Very nice.
                            It has "Reservisten-Litzen" on the shoulder boards which are only worn when "you"(the reservist) are not on a reserve duty exercise or bound to any other service to the Bundeswehr. That means "you" are primarily a civilian who is allowed to wear the uniform although currently not serving.

Cheers,
                            Philipp

Comment

Thanks for the comments regarding my tunic and I appreciate the information about the reserve status of the original owner. I too am now interested in what that middle medal on the bar is.

Seewolf three lovely tunics and whilst my main collecting theme is the Heer I do like the look of that Marine uniform you have...very nice indeed. I can see why you guys like the early uniforms especially those with the 57 ribbon bars. Very nice.
                              Keep em coming.

Phil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X