Rare BGS Splinter Camo Jacket and Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa! Lose internet access for a day and miss a lot, I guess

Some very impressive and hard to find items. The sleepwear must be very difficult to locate. Not the sort of thing most BGS members hung onto, I'm sure.

The knee warmers look identical to the BW type, which isn't surprising. Are there markings on them? I presume the boots are identical to BW except for markings?

Lots of good info on the flare guns. I have the early flare holder and once had a shot at the holster, but someone beat me into the ground on it. Unfortunately that's the only one I've seen. Never found a black leather Spatentasche either.

So I guess this is a reminder that I'm still missing some stuff

Steve

Comment

BGS sunglasses and blanket

here are two other items not often seen
      Attached Files

Comment

Berlin Schutzpolizei

here are some PPBLN items i thought people would like to see. The PPBLN up til the 1960's were set up as light infantry units and trained as such since they were so far into the iron curtain.
        Attached Files

Comment

PPBLN bread bag items

everything is marked PPBLN including the knife wich is a copy of the BGS knife. The red band is for the helmet for training as OPFOR.
          Attached Files

Comment

Bgs g1

this is actually a dummy rifle made from a G1 kit but is very nicely done
            Attached Files

Comment

BGS boots and markings

all BGS items including boots were either marked BUND or BGS or sometime only maker marked. I have to say i have not ever seen a pair of BGS marked boots.
              Attached Files

Comment

BGS shoe kit

marked BGS
                Attached Files

Comment

Blake485,

Thanks for the additional BGS photos and especially the PPBLN marked items. Of very much interest to me.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

BW Feldjaber gear

here is a basic Feldjager gear set up to inclyde the reflective armlets and the traffic sleeve that went on the rubber baton (wich is identical to the BGS issue baton).
                    Attached Files

Comment

Feldjager brassard

nice example worn in the 60's
                      Attached Files

Comment

Bgs flare gun

will post more pics once i dig it out. i do have some items for trade or sale lmk who is interested. John

Comment

Very impressive!! I have a number of the PPBerlin items, but not nearly enough to complete a uniform. i do have a near unissued PPBerlin Sumpftarn set that would go well with some more kit. I'd be really happy to see some detailed photos of this sort of stuff from the 1950s and 1960s.

One thing, though! Please post pictures of items either in topic appropriate theads. If you want to give us a rundown of your collection in a sort of "stream of thought", I suggest starting up a new thread just for that purpose.

Looking forward to more pics and information swapping!

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Good suggestion. We should start a PPBLN thread and probably a Fedljaeger thread as well.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Collecting

Hey guys my computer skills are lacking if someone starts a thread I'll post stuff there it's probably a good idea to keep the stuff separate.

Comment

Time we learn you some new tricks, old dog

Making a new Thread almost the same as replying to an existing Thread. Go to the "top level" of this Forum (Link), where you see the list of Threads, and click on the NEW THREAD button to the left and top of the page. Create a title that aptly describes what you want to discuss, then fill in the MESSAGE text box just like you do for a Reply. Then click on SUBMIT NEW THREAD button below the box.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X