Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Trucker View Post
    @ TJ;

Looking at the pictures of your patches, were there ever any for the Transport Corps?

Remember, "Without our assets, your a** sits!"
    Combat Trucker,

I've spent some time mining the BW main site and although I can not answer your question completely perhaps what I have to say will be of interest.

"To answer your question about the Transport Troops badge is not an easy one. As Marc has mentioned in another post, many changes have taken place in the BW since 1990. Massive downsizing has led to a number of units disappearing and others being combined. This is what happened to the Transportation Troops. In 2005 the Nachschubtruppe, Instandsetzungstruppe und den ehemaligen Transporteinheiten des Heeres were combined to form the Logistics Troops. I can find no reference to the wearing of a specific arm badge by any of the previous organization or for the Logistics Troops. Logistics troops serve as units embedded in larger formations or as separate units as was the case before the three groups were amalgamated. Perhaps they wear the arm badge of thier parent unit. Training for the Logistics Troops takes place at one of the two technical schools; Technische Schule Landsystems und Fchschule des Heeres fur Technik in Aachen, or; Nachschubschule des Heerses which is located at the Logistikschule der Bundeswehr. There appears to be other logistics related courses taught at the Bundeswehr Logistics School in addition to those taught in the Nachschubschule des Heeres located there. As to who teaches soldiers to drive in the BW I have found no specific school for this although the BW Logistics School trains driver instructors. Since individual commands are responsible for training their staff perhaps driver training is done at a command or unit level. Perhaps an en ex BW member can explain their experiences in this regard. The arm badge listed on the BW main site as currently being worn by technical schools is shown below.

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
      The shoulder boards. Rank is for Hauptfeldwebel in the Sanitรคtstruppe.
      This Shoulder boards are not from the medical units! Its technical Troops, the medicals blue is more dark!

oliver

Comment

Hi Guys,

Sorry for barging in on this thread which I`ve been reading with great interest, but I thought I would just mention that I have around 40 different, but also duplicate Verbandsabzeichen that I would like to get rid of, especially for trade! I`ve been collecting Verbandsabz for a couple of years and have now eventually, (because of this thread) been able to attribute these patches to their respective units
        I`ve been very lucky in the way that I`ve obtained alot of my patches
        I know someone here in South Africa that imports old military clothing (Ausgemustert), especially from Germany, and has been doing so for the last 15 years. As a result, many of the jackets still have the old Verbandsabz attached and the rest is history
        I`ve noticed that there are some patches which are apparently Very difficult to find, however, I have some of those available for trade if interested. I will take a pic of the patches I have available and if anyone is interested in trade, please email me directly on: germanww2@tiscali.co.za
        and who knows, we could both end up very happy!!!
        Sorry guys, no PM`s as I haven`t paid my yearly sub and cannot get messages

Thanks for the thread Gents, its as always, FULL of interesting info!

Dion
        PzGrenBrig 17, Hamburg 1988-1990

Comment

For those who need a quick overview of all machine embroidered official Bw SSI (Verbandsabzeichen) for the Dienstanzug.

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/al...3464346433.jpg
          http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/al...6532326636.jpg

I think one SSI is missing: The newly released "Ausbildungszentrum Spezielle Operationen" patch, already posted in a separate thread.

Lars

Comment

Lars - Great resource, thanks for posting.

All the best - TJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X