No announcement yet.

Verbandsabzeichen-Arm Shields of the Bundeswehr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last, but certainly not least, the Engineers.

Again, my thanks to Marc for sharing more great examples from his collection.

I apologize for getting out of sequence and hope that this doesn't prove to be too much of a distractor. I am also to blame for any mislabeled images that may have found there way here. As always, I rely on the BRD Forum to keep me straight.

All the best - TJ
    Attached Files

Comment

It's funny how you can buy a pile of one Lehr or Schule badge for a few Euros, but don't ever see some of the others at any price. Well, I suppose this is what makes collecting these badges fun

I second TJ's vote on the missile school border!

Steve

Comment

@ TJ;

Looking at the pictures of your patches, were there ever any for the Transport Corps?

Remember, "Without our assets, your a** sits!"

Comment

Gentlemen,

We often speak of these "school" badges without considering what the difference is between those who wear an "S" and those who wear an "L" on their shield. My understanding has always been that the "S" stands for larger established schools such as the officers school and the NCO school. Those that wear an "L" would be smaller schools for teaching specific skills. One example of this would be the shield worn by "Fallschirmjager-Lehr- und Versuchskompanie 909". Anyone have any other thoughts?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon, to my knowledge the "S" is worn by the school personnel itself while the "L" by those serving in the training battalions assigned to the school . Therefore there are patches with S and L for almost every school - if I remember correct only the Fernspähschule (?) has no Lehrbattalion .

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Asbjoern View Post
              Gordon, to my knowledge the "S" is worn by the school personnel itself while the "L" by those serving in the training battalions assigned to the school . Therefore there are patches with S and L for almost every school - if I remember correct only the Fernspähschule (?) has no Lehrbattalion .

Jens
              That is the correct answer, saved me from writing it. The Panzer school has the 9th PzLehrBde as the training and demonstration unit, they all wear the letter L badge. A version of the standard divisional badge (3.PzDiv) with a yellow edge does exist and was worn (I do not have a date).

I have not come across a Transport School (except LL) although there are Transport Training units in the Divisional ORBAT.

As the structure of the BW changed so did the designation (title) of some of the Units. Maybe a post for another time.

Comment

Hi Combat Trucker,

... were there ever any for the Transport Corps?
                Please see Post 134.
                There were two technical schools (S), both with school troops (L). One for Instandsetzungstruppe (maintenance), one for Nachschubtruppe (supply and transport).

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
                  Hi Combat Trucker,

Please see Post 134.
                  There were two technical schools (S), both with school troops (L). One for Instandsetzungstruppe (maintenance), one for Nachschubtruppe (supply and transport).

Uwe
                  I had forgotten that the tech school also included supply, (Technische Schule des Heeres und Fachschule des Heeres für Technik; Nachschubschule des Heeres) however the other School was Medical and had a slightly different colour blue border.

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
                    Hi Combat Trucker,

Please see Post 134.

Uwe
                    I wouldn't mind getting one of these and it's associated technician badge....

Comment

Gentlemen,

I've removed this post as I need more time to study these badges and confirm what I had said here previously.

Regards,

Gordon
                      Last edited by Gordon Craig; 09-29-2010, 10:28 AM. Reason: correcting a typo

Comment

Team - These patches are mis-labeled. They represent the Luftlande und Lufttransport Schule or Airborne and Air Transport School.

My thanks to Marc for pointing out this oversight.

All the best - TJ
                        Attached Files

Comment

My badge,
                          Fallschirmjäger Btl. 253 Nagold

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I see from your badge that the Airborne Anti Tank unit has been reformed, can you tell us when this was please?

Marc

Comment

I think with the introduction of KRAKA (paratroopers car)
                                and the weapon system TOW und MILAN probably at the beginning of the 70th!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X