• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you talking to me?

Dead on!

TJ

Comment

Gents,

I thought this photo of Polizei "drillich" would be of interest.

Note the short brimmed Feldmutze and the strange object held by the second man from the left.

Thanks,
      TJ
      Attached Files

Comment

Here we see the boys reclining during down time in a field exercise. This past time is referred to in the U.S. Army as "porking the puppy". I'm not sure why...

Note the MG42/MG1 and the flat spade carried by the man on the right. We saw in the previous photo that certain men of the platoon were detailed to carry spare MG42 drum mags. The short brim of the field cap is readily evident here.
        Attached Files

Comment

Final photo shows a river crossing exercise. Can anyone recognize the police agency in question?

Thanks,
          TJ
          Attached Files

Comment

TJ,

interesting photos! They appear to be NRW Bepo.

Regards
            Klaus

Comment

Polizei West Berlin 1964 and Polizei Niedersachsen 1965

Hello Gentlemen,

among the latest additions to my collection are two west-german police uniforms.
              One is a West-Berlin uniform for a Polizeiobermeister, it is stamped 1964 and it is made of heavy gabardine.
              In my collection I already had such a uniform but made 10 years later (i.e. 1974). The jackets look almost the same, the only differences are the material quality and the sewn-in hook under the flap of the left lower pocket.
              As you can see in the period pictures and on the display that I made, the hook had the purpose to hold the truncheon when not used....

Together with this uniform I also got a 1965 dated uniform of the Polizei Niedersachsen. The rank is Polizeioberwachtmeister.

Please note that on both displays shirt and tie are not original.

I hope you enjoy.

Cheers,

Alex

Two period pictures taken in West-Berlin in 1967 showing this kind of uniform in use:

The Niedersachsen police uniform:

Comment

Alex,

A very nice uniform display. Always nice to see a period photograph showing the uniform as worn during the specific period.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Nice displays! The older batons are particuarly hard to find, I had to ask retired policeman to find one. If i remember correctly, West Berlin adopted the sleeve insignia after 1961. Until 1961, was worn on sewn-in epaulettes.

Regards
                  Klaus

Comment

Hi Gordon and Klaus,

thanx for the appreciation!

Yes Klaus, you are right: the sleeve rank insignia was worn from 1961 to 1976

here is a view of the rank insignias worn by the West-Berlin Police from 1947 to 1976:

after 1976 the new green/beige uniform, which had been introduced since 1972 in the other western Police forces, has been adopted also by the W-Berlin Police.

The new uniform brought also new rank insignias:

Cheers,

Alex

Comment

Alex,

Thanks for posting these rank charts. The first one for the green uniform that I have seen that included the cap cords/straps.
                      Been looking for one of these batons for some time.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Very nice displays! I also have found that the uniforms were largely the same from mid 1960s through the 1975/76 change over. But as you point out, there are many details which changed during this period.

I also had troubles finding batons/truncheons. Earlier this year a friend sent me three, all different in detail. I don't know a thing about them. The only things they have in common is the carriers are black leather and I'd not want to be hit by one of these! They are HARD!

I'll see if my friend can source more.

Steve

Comment

Different Länder used different models at various times. The one I obtained was used by BGS and several Landespolizeien from the 1950s on. I was told the police eliminate remaining stocks of these recently and that is how I obtained mine.

I have several photos of this exact type worn by BGS in 1950s somewhere, but can not find them now.

Regards
                          Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                            The tunic is made of thick dark green wool and the interior has a dark green silk liner .
                            Hellol
                            not Niedersachsen!! Niedersachsen used all darkblue Uniform!! Tunic is from Schleswig-Holstein, Rang of Polizeihauptkommissar, Schleswig-Holstein used no patches!!!
                            h.

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                              Now my BAYERN Meister tunic .
                              Hello,
                              not Bayern, Statepolie Schlwesig-Holstein!!!
                              h.

Comment

Originally posted by chiffonnier View Post
                                It should be mandatory that people write some information on the back of these old photos for future collecting purposes.
                                Here's one just after an accident.
                                From another photo lot so not related to the previous ones.

Kees
                                Hello,
                                Statepolice Rheinland-Pfalz, Uniform before 1955 (without patch either "Ordnungspolizei" or "Gendarmerie") ,cap without the cocarde.
                                h.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X