No announcement yet.

BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front has a 5 green hidden plastic button closure and a long heavy duty zipper .
    Again my Question : When was the BGS CAMO Tunic and the 3/4 length coat in use by the BGS ?????
    Thanks , Bernd
    Attached Files

Comment

Loop / sleeve to mount the shoulder strap .
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
        Hi-all ! Someone told me these were the 'newest ' BGS visor cap insignia ! Posted by Bernd

Doug

The starburst hat badges are still in use.

The eagle / wreath is the obsolete design style last used in the mid 70's.

Andrew

EDIT - Let me preface that by saying the old eagle is still in use today, but only by the GSG-9 who wear on their berets.

Comment

Again my Question : When was the BGS CAMO Tunic and the 3/4 length coat in use by the BGS ?????
          OK, just spoke with a colleague of mine who is in the Bundespolizei and actually wore these jackets. Here is the progression of usgae from someone who wore them:

1. Camo Jacket - "We used it ( jacket) in our field training and had to give it back in the middle of the eighties. When it finally disappeared I can´t tell you. Because normally this stuff was collected and then sold."

2. Camo Jacket 3/4 - "The long one (Parka) was in use till the late eighties until we got the green Parka. And it was used in training and in operations. At that time our status was seen more military than real police. That´s why we had all this camo things. The rings at the Parka are only for fitting some extra stuff like water bottle or things like that."

3. Green Jacket 3/4 - Which makes the green (Parka) version being worn from late eighties till the uniofm change in 2005.

Hope that helps guys,
          Andrew

Comment

Andrew : Great info you got there from your friend ! Thanks , Bernd .
            Here now one more item I found in my stuff , a peaked cap , like the M-43 style , but with a high body . Cap is of heavy green wool and dated 1958 . Size is 54 .
            Attached Files

Comment

This cap matches the ones worn in post #35 and # 39 .
              Attached Files

Comment

..and earflaps down .
                Attached Files

Comment

..and front view .
                  Attached Files

Comment

..and a stitching detail .
                    Attached Files

Comment

Interior view. Cap has small leather sweatband to the front /stirn area .The name papertag has the size 54 and two names " Stannieder " , crossed out and " Kowalski " added in pencil.
                      Even though, 2 people owned this cap , it shows no wear at all !

Comment

Here the sot .
                        Attached Files

Comment

..and an other close-up shot .
                          Attached Files

Comment

Again my question : how long was this cap in wear or is it still being worn ???Thanks , Bernd .

Comment

Again my question : how long was this cap in wear or is it still being worn ???Thanks , Bernd .
                              According to my source, the Bergmütze was worn until the early / mid 80's when everyone was finally issued the beret.

This style was also used by the Bereitschaftspolizei as well.

Andrew

Comment

An other camo tunic I have , still has the EM shoulder boards and EM collar tabs .
                                Actually, no collar tabs were worn on the Tarnjacke.

regards
                                Klaus

btw No one has opinions on my Schiffchen?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X