Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
    Actually, no collar tabs were worn on the Tarnjacke. (
    How the heck did I miss that. Must have been early, late or hungover.

It looks like military rank on that camo. Possibly an early issue item that got transferred to the new Bundeswehr to outfit them ?

This looks like the shoulder rank for schütze serving in the Infantry (Green underlay).

I'm not big into BW items, so maybe someone else more knowledgable will opine on the topic.

Andrew

KLAUS - I like your Schiffchen. Nice cockade !! I've seen the Zoll wearing the Feldmutze, but can't recall them using the schiffchen.
    Last edited by Huntzman; 08-21-2008, 09:07 AM.

Comment

The shoulderboards do not belong either. They look like Afrikakorps repros or something. Neither BGS or BW (or any other West German agency) ever had shoulderboards like that. It is 1960s tunic (2nd or 3rd model?) like mine, so definitely not used by early BW.

btw early BW were issued oliv Arbeitsuniform until they could receive splittertarn one, so no need to "borrow" from BGS.

regards
      Klaus

Comment

Klaus

I'm not really up on my BW uniforms or regs, so it being loaned out from the BGS was just an assumption.

I am curious about the rank shown. Why do you think it wasn't used by the BW. It looks to me like a well worn schütze rank.

But like I said, it's not an area I am well versed in so I am always looking for insight to better educate me.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Huntzman View Post
          I am curious about the rank shown. Why do you think it wasn't used by the BW. It looks to me like a well worn schütze rank.
          Because it is tan colour so unless it is from sandfarben tunic (unlikely). Waffenfarbe is a little strange for Panzergrenadier or Jäger.

regards
          Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
            Because it is tan colour so unless it is from sandfarben tunic (unlikely). Waffenfarbe is a little strange for Panzergrenadier or Jäger.

regards
            Klaus
            Thanks for the clarification Klaus. Not being a BW collector, most of the references I have are color plates. As I get older, I have found that I run out of room in my brain to store all this information.

Andrew

Comment

Doug
              Excellent uniform pics!
              thanks for posting.

Comment

Hi-all ! Loved all your kind comments !
                But here to clarify things , the 2nd Camo I showed with the shoulder board and collar tab ..
                Attached Files

Comment

.. .has this sleeve insignia !
                  Posted by Bernd .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Since it seems there was a band removed over the para . shield , what would it have been ???
                    Thanks , Bernd .

Comment

Bernd

Actually, it is appears to be what I had originally surmised. A BGS hand me down used by the Bundeswehr.

Clearly the sleeve shows remnants of where the BGS patch / tab were removed.

I'll preface this with saying that I believe that the potential might exist that this piece, in it's current configuration, could have been put together as well. I'm not well versed enough in BW items to say whether the patch / rank is consistent with BW regs.
                      Andrew

Comment

I would say it is a put together. Mine had patch for Austrian Skischule on it, so it would not surprise me. Never heard of BW using BGS uniforms. Remotely possible but highly unlikely.

Two things bother me about this:
                        1. Falli would not have worn Panzergrenadier tabs or shoulderboards. They used maroon (sliding Litze on moleskin and flecktarn are green for camoflage purposes).
                        2. These are Dienstuniform style insignia anyways - never worn on field jackets in BW! Neither BW nor BGS wore Kragenspiegel on field uniforms.

regards
                        Klaus

Comment

Thats always the problem when you have stripped tunics. Poeple "try" to put them together to sell and usually don't do a very good job of it.

Bernd, if you want to do justice to this camo jacket, strip the collar tabs, shoulder boards and patch off.

Replace them with a BGS Eagle patch and a "small" BGS tab on top. Camo smocks utilized a smaller scale tab patch.

Andrew

Comment

Andrew : Thanks for your advise --but I have neither the BGS patch nor BGS title above ,less aloone correct ' small ' one !
                            Regards , Bernd .

Comment

Allways look twice when scrolling down a forum ... after reading the "achtung panzer" forum and other WW II related sub-fori for over a year I yesterday found out that there also is something to be read on postwar german equipment... .

O.K. here I am... .

While scanning this BGS thread I saw some pitures of the later type G1 magazin- pouches in black leather ... some years ago I managed to find one EA of the earlier type :

It is made the same way as the following pouch for SMG mags (It was said that they are for the Walther MP magazins):

And - at last for the first post - the black leather pouch for the MG 1 Zubehör, dating to the late 60ies (they are the same until the 90ies):

Jens
                              Last edited by Asbjoern; 09-02-2008, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                                Andrew : Thanks for your advise --but I have neither the BGS patch nor BGS title above ,less aloone correct ' small ' one !
                                Regards , Bernd .
                                Doug

Let me know if you want them and I will ask around and see what I can come up with.

Andrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X