• Show
Clear All

a
    Attached Files

Comment

b
      Attached Files

Comment

I'll do a search for the other helmets tomorrow.

Comment

Gentlemen,

You can find newly produced BRD Polizei decals here http://www.military-steel-helmets-an...0Available.htm

Or you can visit stephen.de who has auctions on ebay.de right now offering allmost all of the decals including the most rare IE Bremen and both types for Bayern.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Langemarck,
            on the eagle helmets, I do not know if they are fakes really. There are small numbers of them and they are rather identical. I assumed only, that no one wanted to fake West German items, but maybe they do...

I have wondered about them and forget to start discussion on them before now.

regards
            Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

For faked items see my post above re decals. Moleskin uniforms are being widely remade. The remakes even come with labels bearing NATO stock numbers. The labels are apparently not exactly like the original BW ones but will certainly cause confusion in the future.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by myddrcaps View Post
                Gordon

Thank you for the info and your replies.

It seems there was at least three companies producing helmets in West Germany post war.

- Quist, who's helmets were stamped "Q64" on the side skirt.
                - Linnemann&Schnetzer who marked their helmets LS.
                - and a companies that stamped their helmets "BVM".

Regarding the "BVM" marked helmets Does any one know the name for this company??

Also where there any other companies producing helmets for the BGS and Police at that time??

As for Quist. They are out of business now?? Does any one know the year they closed??

Thank you. I have many more questions regarding the M53 but those will have to wait for another day.

Cheers.
                George
                George,

According to my friend, Roger Lucy a long time helmet collector, Quist stopped making helmets in 1960.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I know they fake moleskin, but there is demand to those. There is not much demand for fake West German helmets.

Comment

Gordon

Thank you for the info on Quist.

Regards,
                    George

Comment

George,

Your welcome.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gents - german-helmets.com has a picture of the now abandoned Quist Works outside of Stuttgart at the below link.

http://www.german-helmets.com/ESSLINGEN%20PHOTOS.htm

All the best - TJ

Comment

TJ,

Thansk for the link. Another piece of the pictorial past of German helmet makers.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Luftschutz type with bead....

Thisn's tighter than a bulls a _ _ at Fly time. If you look carefully youll see the luft schutz paint...or the same color.
                            Last edited by juoneen; 01-26-2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X