CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr caps that were converted to WW2 about 20years ago, would like to bring Navy and Luft back to original condition..

Joe
    Attached Files

Comment

I have a few pieces of early BW gear in my collection , i will look for them tomorrow and take some pics to post here , in the meantime here's some of the gear i have taken pics of

Early '50s Splinter camo helmet cover , it's actually the removable hood from a splinter jacker

Amoebatarn shelter half and tent pole pouch

Comment

Originally posted by MaxxBrunn1938 View Post
        Luft. IKE style jacket the shoulder boards had some kind of rank on them at on time but not when I purchaced it. I paid $6.95 for it back in the mid 80's

Sorry but you can not convert this back to a Bundeswehr jacket. They never had jackets like this with the elasticized waist.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by gordon.criag View Post
          Sorry but you can not convert this back to a Bundeswehr jacket. They never had jackets like this with the elasticized waist.

Regards,

Gordon
          Mmmm Gordon this is how I picked it up from a Surplus Store here in CA back in the 80's that had a bunch of them like it as well as the regular four pocket ones. It even has the blue A stamped inside. Unless these were converted for export ?

Joe

Comment

Gordon first off I'm no expert on Bundeswehr items WW2 is more my area, but like I mentioned before when I bought this jacket I'd say the Surplus store had like about 50 of elastic Ike style, I know I tried on half of the for one that fit back then. I pulled it out of the closet and took some photos of the tags and A stamping.
            Also is there any referance books out there on uniforms of the Bundeswehr?

Joe
            Attached Files

Comment

The A stamping over another label for wash and care.
              Attached Files

Comment

MaxxBrunn1938,

Sorry but markings inside don't make this configuration authentic. The marks were there before the tunic was cut down to make a short jacket and the elastic waist added. There is a company in Germany that specializes in doing this sort of thing. As you said, for export. The name won't come tome right now but when I get home to Budapest from Vienna I'll post the name of the firm. Recently they have done the same thing to Austrian camo jackets.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hi,

I can and must assist Gordon here, this is a "verschlimmbesserter" style, never an official jacket in the Bundeswehr.

verschlimmbessern:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/verschlimmbessern

"... to make something worse..."

Regards
                  Uwe

Comment

Bundeswehr caps that were converted to WW2 about 20years ago, would like to bring Navy and Luft back to original condition..

Joe
                    What would the tassel be for the Donald Duck cap? And are they still around?

Comment

MaxxBrunn1938,

There are almost as many cap talleys for the Bundesmarine as there was for the pre-war Kriegsmarine. Far too numerous to list. I'll look through my records and perhaps come up with a few suggestions for those that seem to be the most commonly encountered for sale.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

MaxxBrunn1938,

Sorry but markings inside don't make this configuration authentic. The marks were there before the tunic was cut down to make a short jacket and the elastic waist added. There is a company in Germany that specializes in doing this sort of thing. As you said, for export. The name won't come tome right now but when I get home to Budapest from Vienna I'll post the name of the firm. Recently they have done the same thing to Austrian camo jackets.

Regards,

Gordon
                        Thanks for the info on the jacket Gordon I actually saw the same thing done to a DDR overcoat on Ebay last night. Well I'll use it as a fantasy jacket then (lol) Any ideal on what the missing rank devises would be? And what would the breast patch be.. Thanks
                        Joe

Comment

MaxxBrunn1938,

There are almost as many cap talleys for the Bundesmarine as there was for the pre-war Kriegsmarine. Far too numerous to list. I'll look through my records and perhaps come up with a few suggestions for those that seem to be the most commonly encountered for sale.

Regards,

Gordon
                          MaxxBrunn1938

Here is an example of some of the different scripts you may find on Bundesmarine cap talleys. "BUNDESMARINE" is probably the most commonly encountered. You would also need to replace the Third Reich cocakde with a BM one. Might be cheaper in the long run to buy a new cap complete.

As for the air force tunic. Shoulderboards appear to be for the rank of Hauptman and the badge on the right chest is for "Raketen- und
                          Flugkรถrpersonal. Men involved in servicing rockets etc.

Regards,

Gordon
                          Attached Files

Comment

Luft. IKE style jacket the shoulder boards had some kind of rank on them at on time but not when I purchaced it. I paid $6.95 for it back in the mid 80's
                            Not sure if this is the same jacket you were asking about the shoulderboard rank or not? The one shown is for an NCO. Here's a chart showing what rank devices were in use when your jacket was new (1971):
                            http://www.uniforminsignia.net/?opti...=53&result=646

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for correcting my mistake. Don't know how I did that! Enlisted man's collar tabs and all. Shouldn't do things early in the morning.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

The bug has bitten. Here are my new Bundeswerh-Bundesluftwaffe items.

Bob Hritz
                                Attached Files
                                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X