HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Bw Tarn

Autumn/Fall side out
    Attached Files

Comment

Early Bundeswehr Tarn

...and from the other side....
      Attached Files

Comment

I sure like that helmet cover just the way it is!!!!!!!!! ......mike

Comment

Khaki Bw Tunic

When I talked to my Dad in Germany today (retiring from the Lw this Friday), I asked him about the Bw Pith helmets (!!!) I had remembered seeing in some photo somewhere many years ago and he told me that they actually did receive those in El Paso, Tx in the 70ies, but that they were so highly unpopular that they never used them in desert. They simply felt ridiculous running around like at a Safari....

Later they were returned to the Kleiderkammer and that was it.

Does anyone here have such a Bundeswehr Tropenhelm / Pith helmet???

By the way, he was throwing away all his privately purchased Bw Uniforms incl. tuxido this week...and I called just in time to prevent that the garbage bag actually went out to the street....

Now, it will be all there waiting for me to pick-up and take over here to Mexico...

Comment

I believe these covers were made from early Bw-Camo Zeltbahn, correct?
            Hi markus,

yes, tent sections were used, but our tailor women in my barracks said, thet they had to sew a lot of helmet covers during the 70´s and 80´s. But most of time they used the tent hood/bags for retailoring.

In 1992 some of my comrades still got the early tents made from the "Amöbentarn"-fabric. One problem was, that the buttons on the early camo tents, the green ones and the Flecktarnsections were not 100% matching. So the recruits had to lokk for their matching tent partners.

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
              When I talked to my Dad in Germany today (retiring from the Lw this Friday), I asked him about the Bw Pith helmets (!!!) I had remembered seeing in some photo somewhere many years ago and he told me that they actually did receive those in El Paso, Tx in the 70ies, but that they were so highly unpopular that they never used them in desert. They simply felt ridiculous running around like at a Safari....

Later they were returned to the Kleiderkammer and that was it.

Does anyone here have such a Bundeswehr Tropenhelm / Pith helmet???

By the way, he was throwing away all his privately purchased Bw Uniforms incl. tuxido this week...and I called just in time to prevent that the garbage bag actually went out to the street....

Now, it will be all there waiting for me to pick-up and take over here to Mexico...

Markus - Lucky save!

Thanks for sharing photos of your helmet cover.

TJ

Comment

Genosse, Moscow Centre will be most interested in the Intel gained from the Images of these Trophy Garments, they can be forward in the Diplomatic Laundry Bag...

Comment

Tropical BW Jacket

Here now the tropical Bw jacket right from the dry cleaners...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tropical Bw Jacket

Here the reverse shot
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bw Tropical Jacket

And here the marking inside the left inside pocket.
                      Attached Files

Comment

While my interest in WW II equipment is rather new I collect early BW Material for at least 10 years - so I started early enought to dig up some rare stuff even on ebay as there where not so many guys looking for this material at that time... so It may be possible that this is not my last post in this section :
                        For the first try a rather unknown part of BW gear:
                        Before buying this trouser I didn`t even see a picture of the "Kälteschutzkleidung" (low temperatur protection clothing) from the early BW equipment - it only was mentioned in equipment listings . Its made of a wool (?) cloth normaly used to sew teddy-bears ... . There also should be a jacket made of the same material, but I didn`t managed to aquire one jet:

And another part of equipment, which - at the moment - can be bought in nearly mint condition at www.raeer.com:

Its the first type of flash light, manufactured by daimon and stamp dated to 1960. I bought it 14 days ago together with the PPrBln Messkit as I did not manage to get one in this condition over the last 10 years ...

Until the next post...

Jens

Comment

Jens - Interesting shots of the cold weather trouser liners.

From what I understand, these were meant to be worn under the Model 1955 Battle Dress Uniform (Kampfanzug Modell 1955). Manufactured in waterproof cotton duck, the ensemble consisted of field jacket, pants, and mittens all patterned in the Bundeswehr-Splittermuster camouflage design.

Apparently, the liners were supposed to instantly convert the Model 1955 into a suitable uniform for winter. The liners were far from adequate however, and soldiers soon began wearing their charcoal gray great coat from their dress uniform on maneuvers.

This was a contributing factor to the BW dropping the Model 1955 and moving to the even more hated woolen battle dress.

In any event, that's a rare, albeit unglamorous piece of kit you have there.

Thanks for sharing - TJ

Comment

Hi,

this is the Wollplüschjacke (woollen plush jacket), made 1956:

Regards
                            Uwe

Comment

Uwe - Thanks for completing the set.

Do you have any knowledge to relate on these articles of gear?

Thanks again - TJ

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
                                Hi,

this is the Wollplüschjacke (woollen plush jacket), made 1956:

Regards
                                Uwe
                                Great piece of kit ! Although searching for a "while" I didn`t manage to get one of those jackets... as nobody did like it and it did not work the way they wanteted it to do...maybe they cut them all up to fabricate teddy bears.. ("look, thats like teddies fur" where the first words of my daughter when I unpacked the trouser... )

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 79 users online. 0 members and 79 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X