griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G3 Ammo Pouches - 95 cents!

Bundeswehr Lovers -

U.S. company "I.O. Inc." is selling G3 ammo pouches for 95 cents a piece! G3 magazines are 99 cents a piece.

See Viktor's G3 ammo pouch in post #188 for a reference picture.

Also available are Leather BGS ammo pouches complete with two G1 magazines for $9.95; MG3 ammo cans for $9.95 & G3 cleaning kits for $4.95.

Their website is found at www.ioinc.us. Their toll free U.S. number is 866-882-1479.

Now is the time to complete your Cold War era Bundeswehr Grenie!

Take care - TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
      Marc, Gordon, Albert:

Tag experten!

Could you breakdown the parts of the Bundeswehr clothing tag for your fellow forum members?

Thanks for considering this request.

TJ
      NSN 8455-99-977-1959

The NATO Stock Number (NSN) is based on a US system. The first four digits are the NATO Supply Classification of Group and Class. The next two are the Country code and the last 7 (3 & 4) are the actual item number.

<O</O<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Code Country<O</O
      00 United States<O</O
      01 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1United States</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      11 NATO<O</O
      12 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Germany</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      13 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Belgium</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      14 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1France</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      15 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Italy</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      17 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Netherlands</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      18 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1South Africa</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      21 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Canada</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      22 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Denmark</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      23 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Greece</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      24 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Iceland</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      25 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Norway</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      26 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Portugal</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      27 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Turkey</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      28 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Luxembourg</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      29 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Argentina</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      30 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Japan</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      31 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Israel</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      32 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Singapore</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      66 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Australia</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      98 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1New Zealand</ST1</st1:country-region><O</O
      99 <ST1<st1:country-region w:st="on">United Kingdom</st1:country-region></ST1<O</O
      </st1:country-region>
      Last edited by Marc Sherriff; 04-03-2008, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks Marc!

TJ

Comment

Hello,
          Can you Bundeswehr lovers advise me on this topic?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...85#post2568585

W.

Comment

Place of Bayonets,

If you are asking about helmet size 55/56 would be on the small side. Probably close to an American size 7 or slightly less. Averge man's hat size woul;d be 58 or larger.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

After a long absence from here, I will finally have some new items coming soon: 1960s BGS canteen, 1950s "Kokonuß" BW canteen and 1960s Niedersachsen Polizei tunic (the old blue-grey style). I will post them by next week.

Unfortunately I still do not have photos of my odd M31 Feldflasche I mentioned weeks ago that may be very early BGS/BW. I will try to take some photos of it myself.

regards
              Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

I have a suggestion. I think it would be a good idea to start a separate thread on West German Police. Be great to have a reference for West German ploice that wasn't "buried" in this general thread BW thread.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon:
                  I agree - this thread is getting too long. I wish the moderators would break it down to help find things. Whenever we do start smaller threads, they seem to lose interest faster though (like my Feuerwehr thread). Still wish we could get "Bundesrepublik Deutschland" Forum on here. There is growing interest in West German collecting - this thread alone testifies to that - 15 pages already!

regards
                  Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

I must have missed your Feuerwehr thread. Either that or I have seen it and am getting forgetful! I'll have to look for it and try and add to it. I received a bunch of THW hats and one Feuerwehr hat a few days ago. I was going to wait until I got back to Budapest to post the Feuerwehr hat so I had a head to put it on for photos.
                    I've noticed that the new threads don't last long. That is really too bad because as you say, there is too much in this BW Lovers thread and it would help to break it up for future reference purposes. I would really like to see a BRD sub forum but so far we haven't had any success in having one created.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Here is one of my latest additions to my collection: BW "Kokonuß" canteen, dated 1959. Whatever dark material covering canteen is cracked, strap is frayed somewhat and paint on cup is chipped somewhat. Marked "H.R.E. 59" on cup. Cap appears to be replacement and is marked "H.R.E. 60" - can someone tell me which manufacture H.R.E. is?

regards
                      Klaus

Comment

Finally, photos of my mystery M31 Feldflasche. Leather is worn and there is no evidence of any date at all. Underside of snaps marked "S.H.B." (who is that?) and they have Pyrm stamp on upperside. Cup is oliv and clip is similar to above canteen but only minor differences. Cover is light brown felt - actual colour closer to second photo. Not entirely sure whether it is WH or BGS/BW.

regards
                        Klaus

Close-up of snaps:

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                          Here is one of my latest additions to my collection: BW "Kokonuß" canteen, dated 1959. Whatever dark material covering canteen is cracked, strap is frayed somewhat and paint on cup is chipped somewhat. Marked "H.R.E. 59" on cup. Cap appears to be replacement and is marked "H.R.E. 60" - can someone tell me which manufacture H.R.E. is?

regards
                          Klaus

Hi Klaus - Nice grab!

H.R.E. = Heinrich Ritter, Essinglen. It's interesting to note that this firm also made "coconut" canteens for the Wehrmacht, but the Afrika Corps surrendered before any of the specialized canteens made it to theater. Apparently most of them went to the Italian and Mediterranean Theaters. There is lots of debate on the DAK coconuts in the WH Equipment forum.

It's tough to find a BW coconut in mint condition, many suffered from over exposure to heat and flame during their service life. The next model BW canteen had "do not expose to heat or flame" embossed on the flask.

Thanks for sharing the your new finds - TJ

Comment

I am trying to put together 1980s BW field gear and need to see the back side of soldiers to see what kind of gear carried. I cannot find good enough photos to show if breadbag was still used and how canteen was carried. Also looking for source for the 1980s style y-straps - only found earlier 1960s versions.

regards
                            Klaus

Comment

I am trying to put together 1980s BW field gear and need to see the back side of soldiers to see what kind of gear carried. I cannot find good enough photos to show if breadbag was still used and how canteen was carried. Also looking for source for the 1980s style y-straps - only found earlier 1960s versions.

regards
                              Klaus
                              Hi Klaus,

Not sure how other units handled it in the field but we put as much as possible in the rucksack incl. the canteen. For better "maneuverability", only ammo pouches, gas mask, and sometimes the shovel were left on the belt.

Usualy, the totaly useless canteen housing was left in the barracks and the canteen was carried in one of the rucksack's outer side compartments for quick and easy access. In 1987+ we no longer had bread bags.

The gas mask was a bitxx to carry as its strap would cut into the shoulder. We used metal hooks that we would take from the bedframe and attach the mask to the belt. We also would use the new removeable shoulder pads from the rucks for the frickin mask strap.

The "Y belt" was an absolutely useless piece of field gear. The adjustment would never stay in place and after a couple of klicks the whole thing would just dangle around.

If the helmet was not worn it was strapped either to the top of the ruck or to the bottom. In the latter case it would kick you in the butt with every step you made but you could proudly wear your green PzGren beret;-) Later we would strap it to the gas mask bag, making the whole thing even more horrible to carry. While with the PzGren we never ever wore the side cap, only the beret. Later, while with an SigInt unit I hade to wear it a couple of times and felt hopelessly stupid

Wish I could go back in time

Hope this helps a little bit

Best regards,
                              Albert
                              Last edited by Albert; 04-13-2008, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Finally, photos of my mystery M31 Feldflasche. Leather is worn and there is no evidence of any date at all. Underside of snaps marked "S.H.B." (who is that?) and they have Pyrm stamp on upperside. Cup is oliv and clip is similar to above canteen but only minor differences. Cover is light brown felt - actual colour closer to second photo. Not entirely sure whether it is WH or BGS/BW.

regards
                                Klaus

Close-up of snaps:

Klaus - I'm going to go out on limb and say you are the proud possesser of a 1950's era BGS canteen featuring a post war cup in BGS green and a wartime felt cover; the "prym" snaps are a dead give away. Not sure what S.H.B. means; any markings on the neck or cap of the bottle? If the leather is really fragile, don't move it, it's not worth breaking the strap to find the info.

The attached photo shows BGS troopers breaking up a demonstration in 1952. Note the Kar98ks, M1931 feldflasches attached to bread bags and the M43 style caps.

Just think Klaus, you might just own one of the M1931s seen in this photo....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 126 users online. 0 members and 126 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X