WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated earlier, once I received the bread bag and was able to compare it to early Bundeswehr leather items, I'm no longer sure it was designed specifically for the Bundeswehr.

I am certain it is a West German bread bag, the leather reinforcement on the belt loops is a characterisitc trait. The question now is Bundeswehr or not Bundeswehr?
    Attached Files

Comment

TJ,
      My daughter called over the weekend and said it hadn't been too cold this year so far but that they had lots of snow. Lots of snow where our house is means you measure it by the foot or in meters!
      The WWII Brit entrenching tool doesn't look like the one you pictured in the centre. I'll try and find a picture of one and send it to you. Neither Hormann nor Kunstwadl cover field gear in their books. They are strictly uniform orientated.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

TJ,

Here is a picture of the 1944 model of Brit entrenching tool. The two pieces were carried in a webbing arrangement and perhaps what the German vendor meant was that the spade you bought was carried in a similar holder. Unfortunately, this entrenching tool picture does not show the carrier.

Regards,

Gordon
        Attached Files

Comment

Genossen,

This is the British Early War E Tool..

Details on the E Tools

Is this of Assistance?...

Comment

TJ:
            I would agree that the early BW entrenching tool on the left is identical to 1940s Swiss spade I have in my collection. Your spade appears to be repainted olive to look more German - they are usually black. Unfortunately mine is missing the leather carrier but it is WH-style leather type.

regards
            Klaus

Comment

Thanks

Viktor und Klaus - I appreciate your comments on the mystery entrenching tool.

Thanks - TJ

Comment

KSK in the 'stan

Gents - I recently purchased a new book from Histoire & Collections entitled "Special Forces in Afghanistan".

It has a short chapter on the KSK. Attached find a few scans.

Of course they're only there as peacekeepers........

TJ
                Attached Files

Comment

KSK in the 'stan

Here's a reconstruction of a bad mother hoocher with an HK-69 wearing a U.S. grenadier vest.
                  Attached Files

Comment

KSK in the 'stan

Another reconstructed "peacekeeper".
                    Attached Files

Comment

TJ,

Thanks for posting this new book. I'll have to get a copy. English books on the BW are sooooooooooooooo hard to come by.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Picked up this shirt back in the early 90ies. It's no longer marked "Truppenversuch" but it's fromt he time they tested a lot of stuff... was not permanently fielded though:
                        Attached Files

Comment

And the tag. Since there is a lot number I figure it was officialy procured by the BW; unless its a bogus one...:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Albert,

Interesting shirt. I am a long way from my reference books, and my BW cammo but I'll have to have a look at my stuff when I get back to Budapest next month. Seems to me I've seen this type of lable before without a NATO stock number and no TVS noted. So many perople produce civilian camo pattern today it is hard to know what was really used ans what wasn't. Anyone else have any suggestions re this shirt?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

NSNs should be 4 digits - 2 digits (12 for germany) - 3 digits -4 digits. Unles it is an internal BW trial number it does not fit any NSN.

Comment

Tag Breakdown

Marc, Gordon, Albert:

Tag experten!

Could you breakdown the parts of the Bundeswehr clothing tag for your fellow forum members?

Thanks for considering this request.

TJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X