Hacksaw Ridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelly w View Post
    I'm sure the Japanese and Germans infantry wished this also considering most of their troops fought bolt actions against semi-auto and auto. So many advances made by Germans, but oops forgot to advance the common infantry man with something better then a Mauser.
    Hitler carried a Mauser, to him nothing else was needed.
    Just another example of his madness along with not allowing any strategic withdrawals.

Comment

Seen the movie last night...finally. Have to say it is a great movie. Ok, perhaps not all the facts are as happened in reality. Perhaps there are other minor minusses. But in the end, movies are first of all entertainment and some collectors tend to forget that and try to be picky on every tiny detail. All in all it is a great movie which tells the story of a remarkable man and I will definitely read more about Desmond after seeing this movie.
      And yes, read it before somewhere here in this thread: this movie comes closer to reality than the hollywood entertainment Fury which was just a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
        I guess only these 2 soldiers will be sufficient against all those Japanese human wave soldiers.
        Tell that to the Rangers who were in Mogadishu in 1993.

Comment

I stumbled across a lengthy documentary on Doss about 15-20 years ago on the Pentagon channel (of all places) I believe. He was alive when this was made and he had a major role in the documentary as did many of the actual soldiers who were a big part of his story. I first saw him speaking and some of the comments by his platoon members near the beginning (not realizing who he was at that moment) and thought what a wimp and that this was going to be a story about some flake who could not cut it. Then as his name was mentioned I recalled reading about him and his MOH in a comic book section back in the 1960s when I was about 10-11 years old.....probably better than most "history" college textbooks now.

At any rate, is was a very emotional documentary for me and IMO was 10X better than the movie. I can not recommend it enough.....but if you see it first it will kill the movie for you.

I think that this documentary is available on youtube.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X