No announcement yet.

Hacksaw Ridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish all the GI has a longer magazine, eg, 30 rounds at least , to face the human wave attack.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
      I wish all the GI has a longer magazine, eg, 30 rounds at least , to face the human wave attack.
      I think Vince Vaughn's character Sgt Howell's grease gun had an infinite amount of ammo in its mag ! haha

Comment

I guess only these 2 soldiers will be sufficient against all those Japanese human wave soldiers.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
          I think Vince Vaughn's character Sgt Howell's grease gun had an infinite amount of ammo in its mag ! haha
          That did look a bit funny, big chubby guy with that tiny gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
            I agree that it was a decent movie. But why do they always have to have 300 soldiers all massed together in a 50 m2 meter area running at defended positions. Must be a Mel thing. Learned from other masters with the same Hollywood drama.

Noted this too and agree. Probably because of filming constrictions, in other words, limitations of the set. The combat action had to me filmed very tightly.

As a photographer I thought the filming was superb. And the story even more so. Remember reading about Doss when I was a teen and being incredibly impressed with his actions. Yes, the actual history was altered to create more drama with the court martial and the romance but as war films go I think it is excellent. I like pretty much everything Mel produces, and Clint too. Very pleased there are conservatives making great movies in a morass of liberal drivel.
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I don't understand .........

One second clean helmets
              Next second dirty helmet s

then clean

oh well

its only a film .

owen

Comment

I saw the movie last weekend and I really liked it
                Good job done!

Comment

Originally posted by DwightPruitt View Post
                  Typical Mel Gibson movie. They got Doss' story wrong ( or ignored it to make a better "story") in many respects. Doss never held a gun on his father, didn't meet his wife in a hospital, she wasn't a nurse when they met, they married before he entered active duty, so there wasn't any left at the altar scene, he didn't enlist, but was drafted, there was no dramatic court martial where his father appeared wearing his WWI uniform, but a more mundane psychiatric hearing, Okinawa wasn't his or the 77th's first combat as told in the movie, he had seen combat at Guam and Leyte beforehand, and finally, the movie did not show his last great act of heroism where he crawls 300m to the aid station after giving up his litter to a more seriously wounded man.

As said before, Doss' true story is much better than this movie lets on. The movie almost seems to be a remake of "Sergeant York" than anything else.

It's Hollywood.
                  I don't dispute any of that. But the fact remains that a lot more people know the name of Desmond Doss now than did a year ago. Mel Gibson's "The Patriot" had lots of creative license used but it told a great story and created a lot of awareness and interest in the American Revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyricigliano View Post
                    I don't dispute any of that. But the fact remains that a lot more people know the name of Desmond Doss now than did a year ago. Mel Gibson's "The Patriot" had lots of creative license used but it told a great story and created a lot of awareness and interest in the American Revolution.
                    The Patriot was about the same as that silly 1978 tv mini-series, The Bastard. Wait a minute I've got the title for the next Mel Gibson Rev War movie....The Patriot Bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
                      The Patriot was about the same as that silly 1978 tv mini-series, The Bastard. Wait a minute I've got the title for the next Mel Gibson Rev War movie....The Patriot Bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                        I don't understand .........

One second clean helmets
                        Next second dirty helmet s

then clean

oh well

its only a film .

owen
                        I think also something we might forget is that the picture quality is so advanced with HD; blue ray and now 4K. We see details that past movies you couldn't see as clear such as the shiny new helmets and clothing for a group that fought many battles by this time. Also almost all troops had the camo cloth cover by this time, no?

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
                          I'm sure the Japanese and Germans infantry wished this also considering most of their troops fought bolt actions against semi-auto and auto. So many advances made by Germans, but oops forgot to advance the common infantry man with something better then a Mauser.

Comment

Any of these two will do the job easily without involving any infantry fighting.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I thought Army wore plain or netted helmets and no covers

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                                I thought Army wore plain or netted helmets and no covers
                                Agree. At least from all the pics of Army personnel I've seen wearing helmets in the PTO, or CBI.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X