Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a Perfect World . . .

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
    You must be an insider. Its comic book plot isn't really much of a secret....
    Oh no, Willi - by no means am I an insider - nor am I the bearer of any secret.

I think Mike Davis said it best - I'll go with what he said.

Comment

I would like to see a movie about a lone American tank striking out from Normandy, cross Europa into Russia, to blow up the bridge that isolated the Germans at Stalingrad and enables the Russian to encirle the luckless Germans, while the commander falls in love with a Russian stripper who is a part time sniper for the partisans. On his way he liberates two concentration camps. Only condition is that they use an original Tiger and stripper. J

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
        I for one do not envy the modern filmmaker's task. He must create a commercially viable film that simultaneously satisfies multiple constituents. First and perhaps foremost, the film's financial backers must be assured - and that means that the storyline and the actors must have the widest possible appeal to a mass public that may or may not know very much about the events/timeframe depicted. And of course any film touching on events of WWII Germany requires careful navigation of politically correct waters. Ultimately, the modern filmmaker must compromise and make the best film possible rather than the perfect film that may be in his mind. I for one will look forward to seeing Fury, the Panzers, the soldiers, etc. and will not worry myself overly much about elements that do not suit my worldview. I genuinely appreciate the efforts of those, some members here, involved in the production.

Two thumbs up for that one, Mike

Rob

Comment

But John Goodman as a front line grunt!! Really??

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
            The equipment and extras may be top notch but the plot sounds as though it's from a kids comic.
            My thoughts as well sounds like GI Combat, an old comic I read as a kid. Sorry to say I'm not impressed with what I have heard so far, and Brad Pitt?...oh well. I just hope its better than the Ben Afflec version of Pearl Harbor, but doesn't sound promising.
            Keith

Comment

Well

Before you pre-judge the Movie based on rumor, why don't you wait to see it?

i will personally guarantee you that it will be the most authentic WW2 Movie ever made with Horrific Scenes of a Tiger and Sherman Battling to the Death. All real armor, no expense spared

This is one your going to watch a 100 times. The uniforms are spot on!

They went above and beyond to make this the best WW2 Movie ever.

The Plot is awesome! Not Comic Book stuff, but gritty end of War "How it really went down kind of Movie".

Just wait and see….

Comment

Hmmm

and when will we get to see some clips?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Before you pre-judge the Movie based on rumor, why don't you wait to see it?

i will personally guarantee you that it will be the most authentic WW2 Movie ever made with Horrific Scenes of a Tiger and Sherman Battling to the Death. All real armor, no expense spared

This is one your going to watch a 100 times. The uniforms are spot on!

They went above and beyond to make this the best WW2 Movie ever.

The Plot is awesome! Not Comic Book stuff, but gritty end of War "How it really went down kind of Movie".

Just wait and see….

Rob

Comment

I did a search for the film because I wanted to see some of the stills from pre distribution as some of you have mentioned the equipment, etc is so good.

One of the articles that came up was about how filming had continued on Rememberence Day (where we remember our war dead) when the parade organisers and local council had expressed a wish for it not to as it was thought the sound and sights may not fit in to the towns thoughts and feelings on that day.

Not quite the respect one would hope for ...

Comment

I wanna see the tiger sending some rounds downrange with a Realistic flash/smoke/recoil & muzzle blast...dust flying etc. +the whole tank has to move with the recoil... You know, shooting actual rounds not blanks. Just like when R lee Ermey was shooting a 76mm on a hellcat & the concussion from the muzzle blast blows his cap off his head kicking up dust & anything not nailed down+ the whole tank rocks backwards a bit from the recoil. The most stupid thing I ever seen was the cheesy movie prop... heavy jap guns firing in the Windtalkers Movie...You see the muzzle(propane) flash/smoke & 1/2sec or so later the "out of timed" recoil. Bottom line is everybody whos watched clips of M1 abrams (or other modern main battle tanks) firing is main gun is some serious Chit.

Comment

Here's a link to the director's twitter feed.
                        Enjoy

As the good Dr states .....
                        This is no comic book but is real and gritty .
                        The fury is part of a platoon not a lone tank by the way

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
                          I did a search for the film because I wanted to see some of the stills from pre distribution as some of you have mentioned the equipment, etc is so good.

One of the articles that came up was about how filming had continued on Rememberence Day (where we remember our war dead) when the parade organisers and local council had expressed a wish for it not to as it was thought the sound and sights may not fit in to the towns thoughts and feelings on that day.

Not quite the respect one would hope for ...
                          I think this was more the newspapers desperation for a story than actual fact.
                          As I understand it,the filming did carry on late the day before,even past midnight....which technically was the next day,but no filming took place during what most of us would consider Rememberence day.
                          As a former forces serviceman,the Director would never have been so disrespectful.

Comment

December 26 is a national holiday here. Yet quite usually e.g. IIHF Junior Ice Hockey World Championships tornament begins that day. Is IIHF disrespecting us? No, I don't feel that way. Hence I do not understand those reactions even if the filmmakers were shooting on that Remembrance Day.

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
                              December 26 is a national holiday here. Yet quite usually e.g. IIHF Junior Ice Hockey World Championships tornament begins that day. Is IIHF disrespecting us? No, I don't feel that way. Hence I do not understand those reactions even if the filmmakers were shooting on that Remembrance Day.
                              Different thoughts from different people. Some have different values ...

Great comparison though.

Comment

Crickets

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X