"FURY" [upcoming WW2 tank warfare film]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"FURY" [upcoming WW2 tank warfare film]

Heard about this a while ago . . . hope it turns out to be good . . . and thought I'd bring up the topic.

Fury is an upcoming American action-drama war film about World War II, directed and written by David Ayer. The film stars Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Jon Bernthal, Michael Peña, Jason Isaacs, and Scott Eastwood.

It is set to be released on November 14, 2014

The film is set during the last months of World War II in April 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theater, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy (Brad Pitt) commands a Sherman tank called "Fury" and its five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.
    Attached Files

Several members of this forum involved in this production.
    Some more info contained in this thread:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=fury+movie

Comment

Fury will have an original Tiger tank

It will blow the socks of any WW2 film made to date

Owen

Comment

We gonna kill us some Naaazi's ... then scalp 'em all ... after we knock 'em out with the bat ...

I sure hope it's good ...

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post

Owen
          That's what I'm talking about.......

It all about the tanks, not the actors.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

http://www.manlymovie.net/2013/12/pi...fury-2014.html

Seems to be some confusion over whether it's a real Tiger.

Comment

Having been lucky enough to 'play' in parts of this movie, I can only confirm what Kammo Man states - the Tiger is the REAL thing, along with other stunning kit - a real wet dream / tank spotter's dream for people like us, roll on the end of the year till we all get to see the finished item!

Comment

It isn't just the original Tiger but also the wealth of other German armor, vehicles, authentic weapons and costumes that will astound.

Comment

Originally posted by ss3 View Post
                  Having been lucky enough to 'play' in parts of this movie, I can only confirm what Kammo Man states - the Tiger is the REAL thing.......
                  Sounds great!

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post

Owen
                    Originally posted by ss3 View Post
                    Having been lucky enough to 'play' in parts of this movie, I can only confirm what Kammo Man states - the Tiger is the REAL thing, along with other stunning kit - a real wet dream / tank spotter's dream for people like us, roll on the end of the year till we all get to see the finished item!
                    Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                    It isn't just the original Tiger but also the wealth of other German armor, vehicles, authentic weapons and costumes that will astound.
                    Guys you are certainly 'bigging' this film up!

I hope it stands up to your expectations and I am looking forward to seeing it as a result.

Regards Richard.
                    Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Here's the Tiger:
                      http://www.tankmuseum.org/ixbin/inde...ews_and_events

Comment

Any other....

Pershings? Sounds great can't wait,,hope no politics involved.

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post

The film is set during the last months of World War II in April 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theater, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy (Brad Pitt) commands a Sherman tank called "Fury" and its five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.
                          The equipment and extras may be top notch but the plot sounds as though it's from a kids comic.

Comment

I hope it doesent end up like U571 on tracks.

A lone Sherman on a deadly mission behind enemy lines???

Without being disrespectful to Veteran tankers but how long did Shermans on their own?? I think the Terms "Ronson" and "Tommy cookers" come to mind.

I suppose though its a movie not a documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by keifer kahn View Post
                              I hope it doesent end up like U571 on tracks.

A lone Sherman on a deadly mission behind enemy lines???

Without being disrespectful to Veteran tankers but how long did Shermans on their own?? I think the Terms "Ronson" and "Tommy cookers" come to mind.

I suppose though its a movie not a documentary.
                              Exactly. I am sure we all have favourite war movies that bear no resemblance to historical facts.When I watch a movie,I am looking to be entertained and transported to somewhere other than the place I am occupying.Having enjoyed some of the directors previous movies,I am looking forward to this one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X