Valkyrie-Excellent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolf's Lair Poster/Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg

I have a poster I designed, with some info on Claus von Stauffenberg If anyone would like a high resolution .jpg image just let me know.

Johnny R.

Comment

I would have never gone to see the movie at a cinema and watched it out of boredom on an inter-continental flight and thought it was very good, despite of the tiny little midget portraying Stauffenberg .... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Actually...the uniforms, locations, sets and other details were pretty good! I really quite liked it...even though wasn't sure I would...S
        Last edited by Steve P; 10-11-2009, 05:31 AM.
        Cheers, Steve
        ----------------------------------------------------------------
        "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Djpool
          Worldwide profits for Valkyrie$200,276,784

Untergang/Downfall
          Worldwide: $92,180,910

US profits were only:

$5,509,040

WR Jim
          Interesting figures , Downfall was the better film (IMO) , having watched Valkyrie a few times it does stand up well and is far from the Turkey which some thought it might have been.
          There is the odd duff line in it but by and large the movie works very well.

Comment

Great Odin's Beard!!!!!!!!! I wonder what Tom's cut was in that??? That'll keep him in some TR for a while! S
            Cheers, Steve
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
              I do think Downfall was better, using the native German language probably helped with that a bit, but the Cruise movie did make a nice transition into the english.
              if anybody wants to see all the actors speaking in german language with english subs I know where one can get an avi file to play on their PCs...

Comment

Well I just watched the movie again in honor of the upcoming anniversary of the attempt. It still amazes me how close they actually came to pulling it off.
                Andy
                Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

It

They omitted Hitler's catastrophic Flatulence !
                  This took the wind of reality out of the sails of the film !

Comment

I like cruise movie but I think that the german film Staufenberg is a lot better. That one is not based on a sometimes sleezy hollywood script so the plot is a lot better on the german one. And the movie der untergang "downfall" is a lot better in my opinion. But it´s nice to see movies about the third reich made by the ultra commercial movie scene in hollywood

Comment

Valkyrie movie update ???

Originally posted by JG 51 View Post
                      I like cruise movie ...nice to see movies about the third reich
                      made by the ultra commercial movie scene in hollywood
                      Still hunting for a prop flag from Valkyrie, but just recently
                      found the DVD at my local fleamarket for a dollar, so I can
                      now still frame study what was made for and used in same.
                      ..................... OLDFLAGSWANTED ......................
                      sigpic
                      .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X