Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Zug, 8. Kompanie, 37. Regiment, 17. SS-Panzergrenadier Division of the THMS

Comment

3 Komp A.A.11 Nordland, Swedens only SS re-enactment group.
      http://hem.fyristorg.com/KHS/

Comment

We are reenacting 14th division der SS Galicia. We are the only group in North America to do Ukrainian volunteers. Group is based in San-Jose California, however members come as far as Toronto Canada. Visit our site: http://ssgalicia.cjb.net

Comment

84 div. Wehrmacht, solo re-enacting.

Comment

I do a General Staff Corps Officer (an unusual impression) and head the Wehrmachtführungsstab as the event commander's Ia at the bigger events such as FIG. We are an informal group composed of men (staff officers and enlisted) and women (Helferinen) who belong to other units when attending smaller events.
            Other times I go with Gren. Rgt. 980 or the 12th SS as I am a member of both.

Comment

9. Kompanie 6. Fallschirmjager Regiment, Washington State

Starting to collect my gear and figure out my ordnace to possibly do 15. Kompanie Pioniers.

Greg Hamilton

Comment

i represent the 116th Panzer Div. "Windhund" im a new recruit and totally new to reenactment. Im looking forward to this years events,hope to see you all at Beltring.

Our present project is restoring Alans newly acquired PAK to fit into his already restored Marder III Ausf H(Rear Engine) (based on the Sd.Kfz. 138 light tank chassis). Fingers crossed this will make an appearance at the big show at beltring, were hoping to get the PAK looking like its firing a real round off, using compressed air to force the 75mm barrel backwards and some pyro. If your interested ill post some pictures of the restoration of the PAK and his already restored MarderIII.

http://www.windhund.pwp.blueyonder.c...fra%20website/
                Last edited by Paul W.; 04-13-2004, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Großdeutschland Division 7./GR GD

unit has been in existence for more than 27 years during which we have built on of the most respected names in the World War II Reenacting Community

http://www.grossdeutschland.com/

Comment

Just out of curiosity guys,

the members in the re-enactment groups, how could a guy join one if he was living a good distance away from where the group was based?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark McShane
                      Just out of curiosity guys,

the members in the re-enactment groups, how could a guy join one if he was living a good distance away from where the group was based?

Mark
                      Luckerly for me the group i joined are based in the mid UK area, and were puting a show on only 20 miles from my house, but the rest of the shows are a few hours away. I guess the best bet is travel to a show and have a good chat with the group you want to join, most are on the internet now, our lot are scattered all over, birmingham, hull, sheffield etc.

Comment

Hi Mark, most groups will accept members who are from a distance away where most of the membership live; that is not a problem. Commitment and keeness are the things all groups are looking for from their members.

Hi Paul. who have you joined, AFRA?

Cheers, Ade

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                          Hi Mark, most groups will accept members who are from a distance away where most of the membership live; that is not a problem. Commitment and keeness are the things all groups are looking for from their members.

Hi Paul. who have you joined, AFRA?

Cheers, Ade
                          Morning Ade, yes there training weekend was a good laugh, haha, marching for the first time in my life, and getting used to left and right turns, getting into step, there safety/weapons guy did a real good demo of handeling weapons and showed us what a blank firing rifle does damage wise, we also had a pyro display and a small attack. Cannot wait to get to my first show. Expensive hobby though.

Comment

Cheers Paul & Adrian,

I'm living in London at the moment for about a year (normally Cork is home for me). I've looked into some of the sites the guys have listed in this thread so I guess I'll watch out for shows where the re-enactors will be at.

Many thanks.

Mark

Comment

I am unit commander, 9th Panzer, 9th Motorcycle Batt. We have several original BMW motorcycles we use at events.
                              Last edited by bergfurher; 05-14-2004, 12:21 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

der Erste Zug

Der Erste Zug is a Heer Living History Organization that is dedicated to portraying the common German landser of WWII as accurately as research and materials will allow. We currently have members located all along the eastern coast of the US.

Our impressions are tailored to the event's scenario that we are attending. Usually (but not always), our impressions fall under one of the units and time periods listed below: <CENTER>
                                If you would like to know more about us, please visit our website at: www.dererstezug.com
                                </CENTER>

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X