This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spanish Freiwillige View Post
    As we all can apreciate this is a true original as the patina of both the decal and paitn match perfectly and you dont have the poor artificial aging on the decal of some facke helmets I have examined, as is found on may cases, furhtermore the serial numbers match an early production and therfore 1941 blue division match the senario.

but as for the group posted until we have better photos of each the patina and decals of the helmets strike me as odd specially the hand painted one on the top left..........
    I have had the oppotunity to have in my hands four of these helmets. The relic ones comes from the Kolpino area (digging source). All three have rests of the Spanish shield decal. The minty M42 placed below of the hand painted one wears a 100.000%%% original decal.
    No doubts about these.
    Regards

Comment

Originally posted by blau250 View Post
      I have had the oppotunity to have in my hands four of these helmets. The relic ones comes from the Kolpino area (digging source). All three have rests of the Spanish shield decal. The minty M42 placed below of the hand painted one wears a 100.000%%% original decal.
      No doubts about these.
      Regards
      I have to agree.I have had these helmets in my hands too and if the owner was not next to me, taking care of me, i would have brought all of them to my home

Very spectaculars helmets and very desireable

Regards

Comment

:

, but I have my doubst about the originality of some of those helms.....

With all my respets, and having been in that place at the best moment i can say that those helmets are 10000% goods and original and i repeat that if the owner was not there i would have taken two or more and "run Forest, run "!!!!!

All items guaranted

Comment

Originally posted by ACER View Post
          With all my respets, and having been in that place at the best moment i can say that those helmets are 10000% goods and original and i repeat that if the owner was not there i would have taken two or more and "run Forest, run "!!!!!

All items guaranted
          sorry acer but the mint M42 defiently does not strike my fancy specually the contrast between the decal, the shell and the chinstrap do not match. About the relic shells, unless you have a solid contact that dough them himself...... its a sea of fackes, the helmet that is right next to the M42, the chistrap does not match the condition and the patina on the decal does not look right. I have seen a lot of fackes, that is why I asked for better fotos.

I have seen form the very poor fackes to the adavences put together schells that involve an original decal postwar added to a no decal helm.

Its a minf field, so one has to be extra careful, specially with bleu division helms.

So better fotos are needed like the ones ramon posted of his helmet that way any doubt can be clear... or a discussion in the helmet section in the forum, that way if they are in fact original it will be confirmed or if not at least the owner can know what he has
          Last edited by Spanish Freiwillige; 01-19-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

:

So better fotos are needed like the ones ramon posted of his helmet that way any doubt can be clear... or a discussion in the helmet section in the forum, that way if they are in fact original it will be confirmed or if not at least the owner can know what he has

Hi,

Believe me that i have visited this war room and what i have seen there not many collectors can have and the person who spoke to me was not a person with basic knowledges and somebody who can fail in a fake strap, if a outside paint doesn´t macth with the decals, etc...

The owner of these helmets is an expert who has handle more than 1000 helmets and those errors could be made by somebody with less experience.

I tell you that if any of that helmet would be for sale, believe me i would be in his door camping for all the necessary time .

I still believe those helmets are 10000% original

Regards

Comment

Acer, unless you have the helmet directly form a vet´s hands, you can never be 100% sure, from the photos, I defiently believe that there are some problems with some of those helmets. and I defienetely believe that better shotos of each helmet like the ones ramon posted will confirm any doubt. I can tell you its impossible to to handle 1000 DEV helmets, not that many around.............

I tell you again the componenets of the helms from those phots dont match and I have also examined several examples of Blue Division helmets, both in Good condition and relic and I would never buy these.....

If you say they are original well its your opinion and you are entitled to it, but untill I see a better photo of them I still stand by the idea that there si something wrong with them.

Blue division Helms are quite rare as all the equipment was given back to the whermacht when the volunteers were repatriated, so the only surviving examples are thos that were smuggled as souveniers.

compare the helmets to the other originals posted and you will se what I mean, specialy the diference with the overall wear of the helmet and the decals. I would also would very much like to see the liners and chistraps. I belive this helmets have been tampered with.

In the case of the M42 the serial numbers will also determine if the helmet is Blue division, if its a late war productuioin and made after the division was repatrieted, then that woukd be a problem.
              Last edited by Spanish Freiwillige; 01-19-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Well, i can understand your point of view and i could give some reason, but when i mean that he has handled more than 1000 helmets it doesn´t mean that all were from the Division, but in general view, after wacthing more than 1000 helmets you can have an idea if a strap or a decal match or not with the helmet.

If you see the pics there are other genuines items that are not very common to find in the market, some of them are very rare and having been found in very rare places, i mean that this man has very good contacts and some years ago it was not very difficult to find this stuff ( Blue Division), but those items in particular are not so common

You say you have had too many helmets on hands, with my best intention and in logical answers... i think somebody who lives in Spain has more probabilities of having a good one than somebody who lives overseas ( please, don´t get offended), but it´s true

Regards

Comment

Hi,

Well, i can understand your point of view and i could give some reason, but when i mean that he has handled more than 1000 helmets it doesn´t mean that all were from the Division, but in general view, after wacthing more than 1000 helmets you can have an idea if a strap or a decal match or not with the helmet.

If you see the pics there are other genuines items that are not very common to find in the market, some of them are very rare and having been found in very rare places, i mean that this man has very good contacts and some years ago it was not very difficult to find this stuff ( Blue Division), but those items in particular are not so common

You say you have had too many helmets on hands, with my best intention and in logical answers... i think somebody who lives in Spain has more probabilities of having a good one than somebody who lives overseas ( please, don´t get offended), but it´s true

Regards

Acer, no animosity and no offense, we are all here to analyse and enjoy the hobby. and believe me here overseas is where most of the best helmets are, that were brought back as souveniers, as in europe most were recycled, re used as flower pots etc and more over the market to collect them as souveniers stated here form the begining when GI´s brpought them back and tradede them, in europe they were used as flower pots as people had other priorities in the destruyed Europe form the post war.

Still when it comes to blue division, thanks to the forum I have met some of the most advanced collectors in the matter, serios ones that show me originals and I also have knowladge of thas market to see the fackes that come out, and no the comon ones but the very advanced..........!!!!

My bases is always anylze the piece itself regardles of any story unless the vet gives me the helm itslef, so stories that sellers give like it came form the vet with no support doesent cut it for me, or stories of it was found somwhere dont do it either.

So no worries
                  Last edited by Spanish Freiwillige; 01-20-2011, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Maybe i´m a little or very stubborn but i keep the faith in those helmets, i understand you can have doubts due to pics but IMHO they are helmets that should be in my shelves and not in that one

Another thing is that the owner due to this discussion doesn´t want to show them here , i understand him now

Regards

Comment

Hi,

Maybe i´m a little or very stubborn but i keep the faith in those helmets, i understand you can have doubts due to pics but IMHO they are helmets that should be in my shelves and not in that one

Another thing is that the owner due to this discussion doesn´t want to show them here , i understand him now

Regards
                      trust me you do not watn to have those helms in your shelf, I have a feeling I have seen them before and defiently have something wrong, and well if an owner is sure of what he has, he wouldnt be nervous about showing them, so lets leave them at that then........

Comment

Acer, unless you have the helmet directly form a vet´s hands, you can never be 100% sure
                        I know a DEV veteran who sold his EK II iron cross at the "Rastro" in Madrid.... more than three times to three different collectors
                        I really trust in some "veterans" and their families

Comment

Sorry, but i want. I don´t have any problem.

As the same way you see Ramón´s helmet good i see these ones good

Regards

Comment

I know a DEV veteran who sold his EK II iron cross at the "Rastro" in Madrid.... more than three times to three different collectors
                            We should be tired of hearing people selling some vet´s bringbag and then finally they are the worst fakes in the world, many, many histories and even more and more

Comment

completly agree to that too, I have seen some vets that have some replicas in their hands to compensate for lost items they had during a war!!!

Comment

Sorry, but i want. I don´t have any problem.

As the same way you see Ramón´s helmet good i see these ones good

Regards
                                That is precisely my pioint in Ramon´s helmet the patina of shell, decal and liner match, in the M42 defiently a no!!, Look at how the decal satands out and if I am not mistaken looks like if somebody just sanded it a bit to get some of the rough texture of the helmet to show through and also what I dont like at all, if its the helemt I think it is is, talking about the decal is how the yellow of underneath is coming out throug the red lines , which you do not see in originals. comapre the decal to that of Ramon´s helmet and the others posted ans you will se what I mean.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X