griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bill,

Sadly the complete photos are in view, amateur framing of shots is so often out-of-skew.

Kerry

Comment

OK, Kerry, I will work with what I see.

Bill

Comment

While you think about those Bill, here is a tester. I see that one vehicle is a Stewart, but what is that? I guess it is a low-production truck of some sort, and it looks like an impressed vehicle from the door painting, or still in civilian use, although the light covers etc look military. Any ideas?
        To all of the readers and contributors, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
        Kerry.
        Attached Files

Comment

Or possibly the stylish 2-door at the back of the workshop? Nice comforting size of brake-drums.
          Kerry
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Just quickly on the last two.

Stewart was a very small volume producer, less than 3,000 units per year, that was in existence from 1912-1941.

They had a subsidiary company in Canada and that company was fairly aggressive in exporting trucks to Europe, Scandinavia and even South America.

Their vehicles were what we call here "assembled" in that other than the fenders/cowl and sometimes the driver's cab, they used major components from other companies to make their product. Engine, transmission, rear axle, instruments, well basically everything was purchased elsewhere.

Regarding your photo, I would make it a 1933 model based on the three cooling "doors" in the side of the motor hood. I must say that information on this manufacturer is very hard to find and I have also two sources that say that it might be a 1935 model, type unknown to me.

Certainly civilian in origin and the makeshift "blackout light covers" were not uncommon. I would say the cab is locally made, maybe Benelux, maybe Scandinavian.

Regarding the automobile, I have seen many photos of Delage cars that have that unique rear side window design so it may be such a car. Like the other four that I am still looking into, I may not have time before the New Year to do the proper research.

As always, I am doing my best to help.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and family.

Cheers
            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
              Here is an odd duck. Taken by a Capt. in the 88th Inf. Div. somewhere in Italy.

Mike
              It's an italian SPA TM40 artillery tractor.
              Attached Files

Comment

Happy New Year to all!!!
                Bill and any others, regarding my post 1083, I have been doing some research, how does a Belgian Imperia TA7 sound?
                Cheers,
                Kerry.

Comment

By Gollie, Ollie, I think you got it!!!!

The ventilation louvers in the motor hood match, the rubber stone guard on the rear fender/mudguard matches, proper door handles and the door mouldings are correct also for that make and model.

Good detective work!!

Bill

Comment

Aha....progress.
                    Here are two queries in one. What is the car, and what does the WI signify? I am used to WH, WL, WM and even OT, but WI?Cheers,
                    Kerry.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Got this nice truck-picutre, which one is it...?
                      Attached Files
                      Collect all GEBIRGSJAEGER - items ...

Comment

truck

Hi there,

Great photo, this is an Italian truck, specifically a Fiat 626.

Great camo scheme.

Cheers
                        Steve

Comment

Alfa Romeo?

This handsome cabrio has Compiegne Frankreich April 1944 Beute PKW on the back. I think that it looks like an Alfa Romeo, although, quite possibly it is not. It surely has an Italian look.
                          Thanks`for looking,
                          Kerry.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have tried to re-balance post 1096 to get more detail to work with. I am not sure, but it may help.
                            Kerry.

Comment

Sorry, missed off the attachment!
                              Kerry
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Still behind, but working away.

I believe your "possible Alfa" is a Fiat 1500 of about 1939 vintage.

In that time period, most of the higher end products, Alfa, Lancia etc. were fitted with right hand drive and most Fiats were left hand drive.

I researched a couple of coachwork forums I belong to and could not come up with this exact car, it does have a coachbuilt body, but the front bumper, the motor hood and the general lines of the car are very similar to many cars that I did find on that chassis from that time period.

Regarding the large right hand drive saloon, if someone could tell me what the Nd stands for on the registration plate, that would help me to track that one down.

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X