Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bill,
    Thank you once again. I had considered Fiat/Simca, but the enclosed headlights threw me. What do you think this strange one is? The visor over the windscreen is like those on Gaz trucks, but, maybe, also on hundreds of other vehicles in that era?
    Cheers again,
    Kerry.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello
      Can someone help to ID this #1 mark? Regiment or company of TK division?
      Thanks in advance
      Michael
      Attached Files

Comment

help on a car please

Hi
        Any idea as to the make and model of this car?
        many thanks
        andy
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Andy:

Your vehicle is a Horch 830 R Kubelwagen.
          Several thousand were supplied in various forms in the late 1930s until it was superceded by the Standard Medium Passenger car series also made by Horch.

Bill

Comment

thanks

Many thanks Bill
            regards
            andy

Comment

I hope that this is not too indistinct, but does anyone know what the truck conversion is? Kerry
              Attached Files

Comment

If it helps, here is a higher quality cose-up. Thanks for looking Kerry.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

On your last photo, the umbau, there is at least a chance that it is a Hanomag Rekord.

Usually these pickup and ambulance conversions were done on American vehicles and to a very large extent on various Horch chassis.

In this case, the three ID items that seem to say to me Hanomag are the door type louvers in the motor side hood, the moulding on the driver's door and the one wheel and cap that we can see on the rear.

Here is a photo of a restored example which shows some of these items.

Cheers
                  Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again Bill, without your prompt I would not have had a clue!. I have now looked at Hanomags, I think maybe the longer bonnet suggests a Sturm? Either way, it is a picture that I am glad to have an id for. Cheers aye,
                    Kerry.

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Yes, a Sturm is the better choice. Sometimes I get in a hurry when I get close.
                      Old age will do that to you

Cheers
                      Bill

Comment

How about this pretty little cabrio. No doubting the driver's political leaning, but what is the car, please? Kerry.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Your latest car is a DKW Schwebeklasse built from 1934-1937.

Cheers
                          Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill. Do you recognise this pretty 2-door coupe? The notice on the building is in French. I have just got some more very interesting photos and some of them have me stumped, although I am getting better at spotting them! Kerry.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

The car above is an Adler 2.5 liter 1937-1939. This one has a body by Karmann.

I don't have any production figures, but I would guess not many were made.

Cheers
                              Bill

Comment

Here are a couple of poor photos, but what is the cabrio (or any of the others)?
                                Kerry
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X