X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullriede
    I do not like markings on the cup.....
    There are many post war alu cups on the market, which are 100% identical to german WW 2 cups - often without any date or markings - and its easy to add some "original" markings to them. IMHO your cup should be marked EXACTLY like the canteen - VDNS 39. WW 2 cups without markings, or with strange markings, are nothing unusual in case of late war canteens with steel or bakelite cups - but in case of an early, pre war alu canteen with alu cup the markings should be all the same on both parts.
    Marcin
    I have to agree with Marcin - these are post war added markings on the cup IMHO

Comment

Thanks to Marcin & Michael, I appreciate it. Take care.

Tim

Comment

I picked this mint bottle up at Beltring recently. It is the larger 1L size. The cup and bottle are marked "L&SL42" and the strap and cover "L&SL43". My question is , is it a mountain bottle or a true tropical bottle ?
        Regards,
        Steve
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice canteen, Steve
                Here's one of mine I'd like to show, with a small variation on the base strap catch. It has a dome, not nipple catch. This hasn't been field repaired, it's factory produced. Has anyone got another for some comparison?
                Cheers,
                Mark.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

nice canteen Steve. I like the trop straps on these. I saw a vgc all matching maker/'43 one just like your style pictured here about a year ago on ebay but it went close to $200.00, that was too much for me although now of course I want one bad and Ive been looking for one ever since. Glenn

Comment

Interesting thread.To tell the truth I've never paid too much attention to canteens.I used to have a lot of them but now i'm down to these 4. Nothing special. WR Jim

Canteen 1 a
                            Attached Files

Comment

1b
                              Attached Files

Comment

1c mismatched
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X