Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I was a baby I had a blanket like that wool cover ...
    Can you add more detailed pictures because it is freakily interesting as a canteen
    Any markings?

Comment

Hopefully your blanket was cleaner!

Comment

is it my netbook screen too small or it looks light blue/grey?

Comment

Blue

Unfortunately no markings. It is blue. Legend is that those blue enameled canteens were made at Schindler's factory in Krakau (Krakow). Fabric in this canteen could be made of blanket or maybe shirt. Anyway it is unusual. I think it could be made of clothes that were taken from people who were delivered to Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
          Attached Files

Comment

Blue

One more picture.
            Attached Files

Comment

Virgo Decal

Hello
              I have one with a virgo decal on the cup! It has late war 2 piece strap assembly! Is it rare?
              Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kevinpre45 View Post
                Hello
                I have one with a virgo decal on the cup! It has late war 2 piece strap assembly! Is it rare?
                Kevin
                no

Comment

Canteen smm 44 aluminium

Late war, bigger canteen, made of aluminium. I consider it very interesting.
                  Attached Files

Comment

smm 44

Markings on neck and screw cap.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Veeery interesting

Comment

Originally posted by pzo View Post
                        Unfortunately no markings. It is blue. Legend is that those blue enameled canteens were made at Schindler's factory in Krakau (Krakow). Fabric in this canteen could be made of blanket or maybe shirt. Anyway it is unusual. I think it could be made of clothes that were taken from people who were delivered to Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
                        in the past I have aolso blue canteen with such blue cover and I thought it was postwar cover and sold it as such. Seems that I was wrong with the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by pzo View Post
                          Late war, bigger canteen, made of aluminium. I consider it very interesting.
                          the cup seem to have never had paint on it. thats very interesting. and the date 44 is very attractive cause not to often could be found..

Comment

Blue canteen

Funny thing. It was my first impression too! After comparing it with other examples now I am convinced it is of WW II origin.

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
                            in the past I have aolso blue canteen with such blue cover and I thought it was postwar cover and sold it as such. Seems that I was wrong with the cover.

Comment

Blue canteen

Have You had a cup attached in Your example?
                              Who is familiar with abbreviation RKStW or BKStW? I found it on canteen's leather harness.

Comment

44 aluminium canteen

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
                                the cup seem to have never had paint on it. thats very interesting. and the date 44 is very attractive cause not to often could be found..
                                I can spot traces of black paint on the cup so at some point in time it had been painted. It really does look like unpainted one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X