Snipers badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snipers badge

Opinions please. This badge originally came from the Dodkin collection in UK.
    Attached Files

Bad.

Comment

The origins of this badge amazes me . . . It defeats the object
      As far as I'm concerned IMO the badge never existed
      Regards David

Comment

Very Bad. But they do exist. But to come across one is the same as finding Adolfs Underwear
        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
          Very Bad. But they do exist. But to come across one is the same as finding Adolfs Underwear
          Interesting . . . You say they do exsit
          Can you prove it how do you have such information ?
          Regards David

Comment

Snipers Badge

This was purchased from a London dealer who had access to the sale of the 'deceased' world renowned collector Dodkin collection. If my memory serves me right I purchased this badge some 25 years ago.

Comment

Well we do know that Himmler rewarded successful Snipers with material rewards of pistols, shotguns and binoculars.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                Well we do know that Himmler rewarded successful Snipers with material rewards of pistols, shotguns and binoculars.
                Really and where can this information be found Joe ?
                Regards David

Comment

Well it is known that the award was presented and entered in a soldbuch, dated December 1944. J
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                    Interesting . . . You say they do exsit
                    Can you prove it how do you have such information ?
                    Regards David
                    I had the pleasure some 15 or more years ago to talk to one of the Snipers who got awarded with this Badge. His Name was Matthäus Hetzenauer, you can find more then enough Information about him on the Net. He was in bad health shape when i talk with him, but still able to tell a hell of a Story. And about the Badge, there where a lot Snipers who got it, but they usually never put it on there Uniforms, because they where scared if they get captured whats happens to them, usually killed on the Spot, even there own Troops did not like them at all, because they did not see any honor in what they do. The Badge existed, as Jacquesf showed on the entry in the Soldbuch, i had one original in the past as well. Extreme hard to come by one but they are real.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                      I had the pleasure some 15 or more years ago to talk to one of the Snipers who got awarded with this Badge. His Name was Matthäus Hetzenauer, you can find more then enough Information about him on the Net. He was in bad health shape when i talk with him, but still able to tell a hell of a Story. And about the Badge, there where a lot Snipers who got it, but they usually never put it on there Uniforms, because they where scared if they get captured whats happens to them, usually killed on the Spot, even there own Troops did not like them at all, because they did not see any honor in what they do. The Badge existed, as Jacquesf showed on the entry in the Soldbuch, i had one original in the past as well. Extreme hard to come by one but they are real.
                      Don't you please want to post this in the following comprehensive thread on the snipe badge. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=sniper

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                        Well it is known that the award was presented and entered in a soldbuch, dated December 1944. J
                        Apologises Jacquesf can you point the entry out please ?
                        Regards David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                          Apologises Jacquesf can you point the entry out please ?
                          Regards David
                          This is the Entry, translated 24.12.1944 Sniper Badge 3.Stufe/Grade.

Comment

Highly suspicious that the whole book has been de-nazified, yet the last two entries on that page that show the sniper award and the other entry have stamps that show the swaz?
                            I'd bet they've been added postwar....

Comment

Originally posted by Sonderkommando View Post
                              Highly suspicious that the whole book has been de-nazified, yet the last two entries on that page that show the sniper award and the other entry have stamps that show the swaz?
                              I'd bet they've been added postwar....
                              What are you rambling about. This is the Weissinger soldbuch, nothing has been added. J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X