ss-sleeve eagle help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonny
    Hi Paul, hold your ground. Was one of those Cuff Titles the Eicke that I bought from you.
    Francesco, very nice early eagle, is the cloth cover still on the back. If so I would like to see it because mine fell off.
    Hardigan, why don't you buy Mike Beaver's books on SS uniforms, it might help.
    Sonny
    Hi Sonny,
    yes,the cloth cover is on the back of the eagle,but is disconnected.
    This evening I post some pic of the back.

All the best,
    Francesco

Comment

re

Thanks Paul,Robert,Sonny and HIAG for your opinions
      sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

e

There are thousends of clear period pictures(portraits), and nobody can find such eagles as you guys posted ? Very strange !!
        An eagle on a period picture always looks massive and if you don't see this then you're refusing to see it !!

Best

Hardigan

Comment

Originally posted by Hardigan
          There are thousends of clear period pictures(portraits), and nobody can find such eagles as you guys posted ? Very strange !!
          An eagle on a period picture always looks massive and if you don't see this then you're refusing to see it !!

Best

Hardigan
          Hardigan,
          I try to be polite and civil with everyone, and while everyone is entitled to an opinion!!!! But you really are talking Rubbish, you keep repeating the same rhetoric which shows your true lack of understanding of the subject, try sticking to something you know about.

cheers,
          Gary

Comment

re

If you guys can't show us no evidence on a period picture then I'm talking rubbish ?

Best

Hardigan

Comment

I'm talking rubbish ?

Best

Hardigan
              You Are end of story take the hint

Gary

Comment

I will leave the work to you to look thru all the many books Hardigan, I am happy with some of this eagles so I have not to go this research job. Provenance and I mean real provenance is for me much worth and in period pictures you find sometimes more curious things then you would believe.

Comment

That no period pictures exist doesn't mean that those eagles are not original. What about several foreign volunteer sleeve shields. Some of them are not found on a period picture yet, others will never be found on period photos because these shields never reached the troops actually. Another example, a "De Ruiter" cufftitle, I have never seen it on period photos, is it therefore not original?

With all the best,

Cees

Comment

I see those posted eagles everywhere on militaria-shows and forums and you guys think that such eagles are common , that's why I ask for only 1 period picture as example ! That can't be difficult then !
                    And Cees , those shields and cufftitles what you are talking about are not common so that's another story

Best

Hardigan

Comment

Period photos are rarely clear enough to see minute details such as those on a combat period sleeve eagle. Gary, thanks for your input in this thread. And yes, Sonny, that was the group.

Comment

Hardigan,
                        Unfortunately in WW2 period ,they didn't use the digital camera with 10.000.000pixel.
                        I think we all would like to see your WW2 pics period where see the eagle posted by NORGE at the start of this Thread.

I think we all want post the pics for you.

Francesco

Comment

First of all , the cameras of that period where of very high quality and there are lots of very clear photos(portraits) to see where you can see the details of an eagle but I've nothing to prove so why must I send photos in ?

And if nobody can't find such picture then send me your E-mail-adres

Best

Hardigan

Comment

re

And if nobody can't find such picture then send me your E-mail-adres

Best

Hardigan
                            Or maybe you become an ASS-member
                            well It cost 25$ a year but you don,t need the help of other members

sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny
                              Francesco, very nice early eagle, is the cloth cover still on the back. If so I would like to see it because mine fell off.
                              Sonny
                              Hi Sonny,
                              as promised,I post a pic where you can see the back of the eagle and the back cloth cover.

All the best,
                              Francesco
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Francesco, thanks so much my friend. I really enjoy these early VT eagles. The stitching work is so much nicer than the late war Dachau, and a pretty rare bird at that. Ciao, Sonny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X