Clear All

re

Here are they,as promised
    Attached Files
    sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

eagles

Hello John

These are well made fakes , I've seen these a lot for sale on militaria-shows , sometimes with 5 on one piece cloth !

Best

Hardigan

Comment

I think it's amazing that you guys think that the real eagle is fake and the brand-new fakes are real

Best

Hardigan

Comment

Originally posted by Hardigan
          I think it's amazing that you guys think that the real eagle is fake and the brand-new fakes are real

Best

Hardigan
          Hardigan.

I agree with most of what you have said.

Comment

e

Thanks Robin

I know it's a difficult area and I don't want to be a wiseguy here !

Hardigan

Comment

re

Thanks Robin

I know it's a difficult area and I don't want to be a wiseguy here !

Hardigan
              Thanks Hardigin ,Can you show us an example out of your collection that
              is in your opinion a good one

Thanks Johnny
              Last edited by JOHN VD HEIJDEN; 03-24-2005, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Hello John

As you know I can't post here ! BTW You can see already 2 real eagles in this thread ! (Also one of a vet in the link of Gary)

Comment

re

Hello John

As you know I can't post here ! BTW You can see already 2 real eagles in this thread ! (Also one of a vet in the link of Gary)
                  Yes I saw that thread what is the differnces between those eagles
                  In the comparacing picture,besides the one is used and the other is near mint

IMO those are both the same
                  looking at detailing and construction

So if I understand it right ,if it looks new it also means new-made to you

I will send you an e-mail later ,then I will post your eagles
                  greetings and thanks again Johnny

Comment

If you don't see the differences between those eagles , what else can I say about it ! Again , the real ones always have thighter embroidery without space between the embroidery as you can see (the eagle looks very sharp)
                    And I don't say that new eagles always are fakes
                    I only can say : take a look at real pictures ! They're always as I described
                    Try to find an eagle as you posted on a real picture

Best

Hardigan

Comment

Eagles

John,
                      The eagles you posted are just fine. I have two examples of the exact same style which I've pickup up in the last couple of months. One from an estate by a friend of mine and the other was a direct vet purchase insignia group which I bought. It included 3 bevo cuff titles, the eagle, and a collor tab....

Comment

The shown attached eagles are original ones. I think some don´t have the background story from where they might come and I think this are the ones who where found from some years ago in germany as a bed blanket. The whole deal was splitted between two german dealers and most of them are now in collector hands in Europe I guess. By the way Peter Jenkins got one early EM eagle for sale, this realy early EM eagles are harder to find for my opinion then an officer embroid sleeve eagle.

Comment

Hi Paul, hold your ground. Was one of those Cuff Titles the Eicke that I bought from you.
                          Francesco, very nice early eagle, is the cloth cover still on the back. If so I would like to see it because mine fell off.
                          Hardigan, why don't you buy Mike Beaver's books on SS uniforms, it might help.
                          Sonny

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hassler
                            The shown attached eagles are original ones. I think some don´t have the background story from where they might come and I think this are the ones who where found from some years ago in germany as a bed blanket. The whole deal was splitted between two german dealers and most of them are now in collector hands in Europe I guess. By the way Peter Jenkins got one early EM eagle for sale, this realy early EM eagles are harder to find for my opinion then an officer embroid sleeve eagle.
                            They found three sheets of arm eagles used as underblankets in an old peoples home that was closing down.I have three joined together identical to the two John has, and they're totally original!

Regards Hiag
                            www.lastreich.co.uk

Comment

right HIAG, thanks for your input.

Comment

Hardigan, I think you bushels confusing bad with good eagles!
                                Cheers,
                                Francesco

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X