ss-sleeve eagle help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss-sleeve eagle help!

Is this one real? I may trade so i hope some would help with opinions!
    Thanks and regards
    norge
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks fine to me. An early one.

Comment

Would not be an eagle for me, do not like the chest area or the shape see fake ss insignia thread top of the forum post #20 looks like the same sort or a derivative of this type of eagle to me.

I think they have maybe tried to copy this eagle below, sorry cannot remember who the owner of the eagle is although i think its one of Bob Hritz's examples.
        cheers,
        Gary
        Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-31-2008, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks for help! one and one ... but i think i go for it!
          Cheers
          Gisle

Comment

I agree with Gary.............

Comment

I also think it's a good one , nothing wrong with it ! They had lots of shapes !

Comment

Hardigan,right,they have a lot of shapes,but all those I have seen , have good details.

This is mine:
                Attached Files

Comment

You can recognise good period eagles by the very tight embroidery without space which is also not the case by yours
                  Take a look on the forum at known period eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Hardigan
                    You can recognise good period eagles by the very tight embroidery without space which is also not the case by yours
                    Take a look on the forum at known period eagles

There is nothing wrong with the eagle posted by Francesco,

Perhaps you would like to show us what you mean by no spaces, and yes there are plenty of originals posted throughout this forum may i suggest you take your own advice as you used the same theory to dismiss another eagle in the past that was 100% original in this thread;
                    http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...1&page=1&pp=15

cheers,
                    Gary

Comment

I mean the space between all the embroidery on the eagle , it's very tight embroidered as you can see on all insignia in that period (Quality !) You almost don't see that on Replica-eagles
                      You say that there are plenty originals in this forum , I don't think so
                      Originals are very rare !

BTW You can see in that thread an original eagle from a vet which was posted for me because I can't post here

Best

Hardigan

Comment

Originally posted by Hardigan
                        You say that there are plenty originals in this forum , I don't think so
                        Originals are very rare !
                        Best

Hardigan
                        Heey Hardigan ,please enlight me on this one
                        So if iI understand it right you say the common normal RZM-sleeve-eagles are very rare????
                        I have two original ones still attached together If you would trade them for a nice white/grey ss-bevosleeve-eagle

Please P.M me
                        sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Hi Hardigan,
                          If I have understand,you write that only the sleeves eagles with tight embroidereds are original?
                          I am curious to know what do you think about this eagle,that I have posted now, with one not tight embroidery .

All the best,
                          Francesco
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Francesco

I don't think this is a good one , but there are always exeptions you know ! I don't know how a '45-made eagle looks like , I'm only talking about nice 100% earlier ones when you can see that the quality is high

Comment

Hi Hardigan,

this is one earlier sleeve eagle.Tomorrow I try to post one pic of Peiper wit this eagle on his M36 tunic.

Cheers,

Francesco

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X