Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images

Originally posted by Rich Moran View Post
    Peter, I do not have the title in hand, it was sold many years ago...no matter.

So you buy into the idea that image web postings reduce what an item is worth?

What is that based on, actual situation you've experienced or what has been bandied about in conversation by high end dealers who want to insure that only they make the sale of highly desirable artifacts?

Not throwing a dagger here, and frankly, I've heard this more than once.

It does not make any sense to me about that. If you look at what is sold on this forum and accross the many dealers sites, dare try to ask for a 50% off because of the images posted. I think the sellers would laugh at that notion.

If a DE standardt and pole are posted in images here or somewhere else on the net that makes that item worth less?

If that is the case, point one to me that is selling for 50% less than what the previous one or two sold for because of images posted on the net......I'd be buying all day long!!!
    Let me think.... How do I answer your question. Ah.
    You can post pictures of a DE flags all day long and there will be no effect on their value. Regards, Peter

Comment

Peter, it really boils down to this, if someone wants something bad enough, regardless of where the items images have been posted, catalogs included as this "print" media as well as the net have no impact on pricing.

These vehicles are marketing tools to bring material to the front of as many people as possible and used to drive desire higher.

Where one buyer does not like the idea of anything they buy being in front of someone on the net, the other buyers could care less who see's it.

In fact, when something is purchased and shown, from my experience I'd get PM's from people asking to be the first in line to consider when that time comes to sell.

Granted, there may be a few closet collectors out there who do not want to share anything, including the air they breathe.

And frankly that is another form of greed, nani nani boo boo, I have this and ain't showing anyone.

Those folks are worse than museums, those museums who end up with materials and bury them somewhere from sight just because they can....they should be shamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Moran View Post
        Granted, there may be a few closet collectors out there who do not want to share anything, including the air they breathe.
        Lots of us in the UK were isolated like this in Ye Olde days ... we didn't have the means to communicate with other collectors as we've taken for granted these past 14 years or so. Occasionally we'd congregate at certain shows but even then we were in competition really

I'm quite sure there are lots of top-end collectors with collections stuffed with fakes they've privately cherished for many years IF they were purely in the hobby as investors I for one will struggle to raise a tear for them.

Ian

Comment

Can somebody please post an authentic bullion example for reference?

William Kramer
          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X