• Time
  • Show
Clear All

$7500 then I say 20k Euro YES

Comment

Offer

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
      $7500 then I say 20k Euro YES
      If I understand you correctly Robert, you are offering $25,850 US for the TKV cuff title in spite of the "correction" going on in the hobby. Please try to understand that in the next few months all of this stuff that we collect will be worthless trash. Are you sure about your offer??

Comment

Hi Peter, I hear the storys that the hobby goes down the hill since I collect. And those then since some decades. I know even higher offers then mine where getting refused in the past and even my offer will get refused. Money always comes in every month but such titles even not in decades. I just sold a title that is even the only known one example in the collecting scenery. But I keep silence about prices.
        The market is strong, just see the last Thiess auction ;-) Nice Axmann saber for 150k Euro plus % when I am not wrong.

Comment

The market

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
          Hi Peter, I hear the storys that the hobby goes down the hill since I collect. And those then since some decades. I know even higher offers then mine where getting refused in the past and even my offer will get refused. Money always comes in every month but such titles even not in decades. I just sold a title that is even the only known one example in the collecting scenery. But I keep silence about prices.
          The market is strong, just see the last Thiess auction ;-) Nice Axmann saber for 150k Euro plus % when I am not wrong.
          Very true

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            It is true, I may have stepped over a few dead bodies to get a some items relating to the TV, but I ask the Cognoscenti..is it not worth it?
            can we see the Adolf Hitler title please.

Comment

Kudos doc.....I think your in a club with membership of maybe 3 or 4 others?

I was fortunate to be the lucky one to pull from the woodwork a SSTKV probst cufftitle and that was back a few years ago.

Regarding that cuff title, the probst piece was a home run, it was triple marked when counting the strung board tag with it's heavy red wax SS acceptance stamp and the sign off of who looked like Larntz, but may have been Lorner who was the chief of supply for the SSTKV.

It's been some years so memory of all of it is hazy.

The marks were for band production and then bullion as there were 2 different people/firms who did these things.

If I am wrong with the name, please by all means correct me for who the chief of supply was for the SSTKV.

However the pencil signed name stood out on the tag. I visited Steve Wolfe when he visited the islands one year at the Halekulani hotel, when he saw the piece tried to control his emotions but just enough so to allow a slight tip his hand about how rare the item really is....and then the offer came which I refused.

Was a great feeling leaving the room with the piece and knowing I could have my time with it.

I often wonder what it would take to reposition myself with the tag, as I believe every thing has a price, but with that and for me, fortunately the desire is not there to reacquire.

It's a been there done that deal.

Yup, that one and also a bullion Elbe cuff title came to me prior to the SSTKV band along with a number of others......

Congrats again!
              Last edited by Rich Moran; 06-02-2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by merdock View Post
                can we see the Adolf Hitler title please.
                Ya got a 5 strand early LAH in bullion?

Comment

[QUOTE=Rich Moran;5913827]Kudos doc.....I think your in a club with membership of maybe 3 or 4 others?

Hi Rich, no photos? Pleaaase

Comment

Nein Danke!

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                    Doctor, there is a hobby "correction" underway just in case you haven't heard.
                    As a result, I will bail you out of your TKV ct. My generous correction offer is $7500 which will expire at midnight tonight. What say ye??
                    I will accept your Down Payment of $7,500.00 and then another payment of $7,500.00 every month until I feel like you have satisfied the Club's Membership Dues. After which time you will receive a Certificate signed by myself and several other Club Members denoting your Fractional Ownership in a "SS-Totenkopfverbände" Cuff-title.

You will have certain rights to heavily watermarked HD images of the Cuff-title as well.

Comment

[QUOTE=Robert H;5913932]
                      Originally posted by Rich Moran View Post
                      Kudos doc.....I think your in a club with membership of maybe 3 or 4 others?

Hi Rich, no photos? Pleaaase
                      Robert,

I had images up of the cuff title some time back and was admonished by the owner in this statement "please remove images of MY cuff title from
                      the web!"

I chuckled at that one because they were "MY" images!

I understood why though and did remove them....if that member is reading this thread those images are for sale, please contact me with offer to insure that no further images will be posted.....how do you like that for hostage taking!!!

Whats an Elbe title going for these days? I want to feel worse than I feel now!

Comment

Rich, images you took of the cufftitle when you owned it are yours and yours forever. Both legally and morally. I, for one, would be thrilled to see some pics...

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                          Rich, images you took of the cufftitle when you owned it are yours and yours forever. Both legally and morally. I, for one, would be thrilled to see some pics...
                          Arran, please, let me have the thrill of extortion!!!

Comment

So no one bothers to fill in details of what an Elbe cuff title is worth?????

C'mon, it's your day to make me feel worse than I already do!

Comment

Elbe Cuff Title

Originally posted by Rich Moran View Post
                              So no one bothers to fill in details of what an Elbe cuff title is worth?????

C'mon, it's your day to make me feel worse than I already do!
                              Re: Loose SS Insignia
                              If you posted pictures of it, it's worth 30-50% of what it was worth before those pictures were posted. Hope that helps.
                              Peter
                              Last edited by PMan; 06-04-2013, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                                Re: Loose SS Insignia
                                If you posted pictures of it, it's worth 30-50% of what it was worth before those pictures were posted. Hope that helps.
                                Peter
                                Peter, I do not have the title in hand, it was sold many years ago...no matter.

So you buy into the idea that image web postings reduce what an item is worth?

What is that based on, actual situation you've experienced or what has been bandied about in conversation by high end dealers who want to insure that only they make the sale of highly desirable artifacts?

Not throwing a dagger here, and frankly, I've heard this more than once.

It does not make any sense to me about that. If you look at what is sold on this forum and accross the many dealers sites, dare try to ask for a 50% off because of the images posted. I think the sellers would laugh at that notion.

If a DE standardt and pole are posted in images here or somewhere else on the net that makes that item worth less?

If that is the case, point one to me that is selling for 50% less than what the previous one or two sold for because of images posted on the net......I'd be buying all day long!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X