Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I would have greater respect for Mr. Lumsden if he had the cajones to stand and take the scrutiny of his peers on this forum rather than his tepid apology and quick exit from the stage. I personally would prefer that he bear up and choose to remain to share what we know is a wonderful pool of knowledge now leavened with a new humility.

Imagine this behavior coming from a senior policeman. I wonder what his superiors and reportees would make of this activity.

Sad that his foresight extends no further than the end of his nose.

Ramon

Comment

I do not collect SS items although I browse the SS section often as it had been a source of valuable information. I collect because I love history and I had learned a lot here. I understand why many people are upset with Mr. Lumden. I would also be upset if I had lost money. I think it is important to keep in mind that Mr. Lumden did not use his name and reputation to force his view on us. He used the fictitious name Al Haag to present a theory. I do not condone it but I do not consider it a capital crime. When I present pieces from my collection I read all the opinions but do not burn my items because somebody think me it is a repo. The real lesson here is that we need to be careful and do more research instead of accepting opinions as facts.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Just my opinion

<o></o>

Juan

<o></o>

Ps- Please take in consideration that my wife thinks I am wrong 95 % of the time.

Comment

Sort of like...

...anonymously yelling "Fire!" in a dark, crowded theatre, I take it?
        -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Begs the question...is/was Robin Lumsden..Robin Lumsden? or someonelse?!!

Personally, it wasnt the right way to try and prove/disprove a theory of his and that sort of deceitful behaviour only drags this hobby down....AGAIN!

Comment

Dear Robin,

You have always been a big help to other members and shared your knowledge.

I still like to see you around and I am sure all your friends here on the forum feel the same

Comment

Hi Robin,
              What you did was ****ty! What were you hoping to prove exactly? How would this have done it? I really liked my corespondeces with you and wouldn't like to see you leave. be a man about it, suck up the embarrasment, and prove your sincerity. You could tell us what other dumb ideas you have had and done on your own, that would hold some weight. The ss rings for example ? Just come clean on more than you are caught on and that shows some character man! I understand your embarrasment, but you owe us at this point, don't hide. i would not like to see you go actually and i also am sceptical of dachau cloth. But you really owe here, and if you run it is a blight on your character.
              Best, Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Lim
                Dear Robin,

You have always been a big help to other members and shared your knowledge.

I still like to see you around and I am sure all your friends here on the forum feel the same

Comment

I would also like Robin to stay. Enlighten us with your knowledge. Cheers.

Comment

I've read all these comments and I've had some PMs as well.

We all make mistakes, and this was mine.

No excuses.

On the basis of what I've read, I'll continue to post meantime.

Comment

con-man

What a con , What a PLANK, thanks to Gary for exposing you!

Comment

Hy everybody,

this was not the first thread going on about the Dachau tabs, Gary and Robin and other memebers hade a thread in the forum going on already.
                        i personaly believe they do exist ( dachau tabs) even if there isnt any real hard evidence, or is there one ?????

Robin did open a can of worms by misleading people, maybe he should have tried to continue the discussion about the dachau tabs with his real name, so for us to be able to really find out the thruth, and to finaly one day come to a conclusion.

I think Robin should stay and prove what he tried to tell us, prove it that they are fakes our prove it they are originals.

and i wish to hear a comment from Gary who is a leading expert. We need to find the evidence if they really existed.

we should not forget that all this started out with a question mark ?? fake or original.

two sides and no real proof.

Alex

Comment

Imo, this is not suprising and is just one more example of what has always existed, but by no means is unique to the field of collecting militaria. That is where you have individuals who have carved out a following among collectors built largely on what we would all like to have...way too much free time combined with alot of buying power to pursue one's hobby and alter ego. Unfortunately there are not a few in such positions who are irresponsible at times and find it fun to play at silly buggers which can have devestating effects, particularly for new collectors... and sometimes even among those more seasoned who should know better.

Comment

I have been following developments here but unfortunately a long weekend of social engagements with family and friends delayed a close look, and my reply here.

What transpired this weekend here is a disgrace, I am first surprised, then saddened at the course events took. Most of all, I am deeply disappointed. Deceit is never a tool that should be used to support ones’ point; much less amongst friends, in fact faking results to prove a theory only further discredits that theory.

Administrative actions are never discussed in public and while we are considering all options I can not think of anything that would help now or restore the trust lost. For myself, I can say that it is going to be a long while before the bitter taste in my mouth is gone.
                            Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
                              I've read all these comments and I've had some PMs as well.

We all make mistakes, and this was mine.

No excuses.

On the basis of what I've read, I'll continue to post meantime.
                              Good decision Robin. I think in the face of all this madness, this sort of thing will help others forgive you.

I hope Sebastian and the other moderators can come to trust you again and your time on these forums continues.

Best of Luck,

Chris Stewart

Comment

So this was just a harmless one-off prank to help us all in the long-run?
                                I don't believe you

Don't the British tabloid media love this sort of scandal?

NAZI OBSESSED POLICEMAN
                                PLOTS TO DECEIVE THOUSANDS
                                FOR PERSONAL GAIN...

I'm sure some journalists could dig up some real interesting stuff on this 'respected' police con man. 'Detecting HIS Fakes', sorry, isn't it: 'Detecting THE Fakes'?...

BTW, can we somehow restrict members to have only one persona?
                                jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X