No announcement yet.

Original SS Ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, if I missed that Gaspare has found the tooling for the TK ring, then I would be the FIRST to offer my humble retraction, as I am only after the truth. Where can we see these tools?

Comment

You know EXACTLY that I did not write that in my comment 102 to which you are refering to.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
        It's admirable to stick up for the book and Craig's other accomplishments - no one begrudges success - after all, we're not communists here. But the criticism is due to the fact that we can't even have a discussion, because one side of the argument refuses to address even the SIMPLEST of questions - IF THEY USED LOST-WAX CASTING, IT WAS FOR A REASON. THERE MUST BE AN ADVANTAGE. WHAT IS IT?
        I've asked and re-asked the "simple questions" that were never addressed by Gottlieb in previous threads.
        I'm NOT going over this again but for example: If TK rings were cast in the round in molds what's the purpose of the seam behind the attached skull and why wern't the skulls just cast in place in different size rings as one would expect with this method?
        Oh and Craig:
        TK ring experts? Bob Hritz? Steve Woilfe?* Neil Hardin? I respect all of them but TK ring experts? I'll personally defer to Bob Hritz all day long in areas such as SS cloth but rings? Come on!

By the way:
        *The last I knew Steve Wolfe was still sending the occasional ring he gets to Don Boyle for authentication. Curious he's not sending them to you for authentication instead!

Comment

Experts?

Experts? Mr. Wolfe once told me that some collectors like to put a coat of lacquer on their helmet decals to protect them. (As though this was normal). This was when I returned an SS helmet to him and told him the lacquer was still soft. He also seemed to have trouble telling the difference between an original SS scabbard and a repainted one (as he tried to knock the price down before he made an an offer.) THAT expert? Oh, I remember THOSE days, all right.

Comment

Ein Grundgedanke deutscher Fertigung, betrifft ebenfalls Fa. Gahr.
            Produktivitaet mit kontinuierlicher Qualitaet.

When someone knows German culture incl. mfg. culture out from the roots (and many think they know it but sure don't). The answer is easy given for this discussed question.

To many lies, too many tries. To much is lost or misrepresented.

Comment

Yes, W&H use Don to check out their rings.. Bob Hritz?!? , I'll quote Bob H. from this very site:

"You are absolutely correct that I posted that, some time ago. I have since found that the use of vulcanized rubber molds was not commonly used, during the period. Also, the rubber mold centrifugal casting system is of much more modern origin. I can find no records of any of the medal makers using the rubber mold or and I can find no former jewelers who used this vulcanized rubber molds during or prior to the war."

While he's not a HR authority , he's probably maybe one better. He might not like to talk about it[?] but he is a expert on 'Premium rings'. He is listed in the acknowledgments in Robert Overstreets 1994 book about them and also wrote the foreword.
              These rings have been around pre war and postwar. Most of them plastic injected but many of the older ones were either die cast or stamped in the flat.

Craig you have not put forth one bit of credible evidence for your wild claim about the HR being investment cast. Your refusal to answer certain questions, your misdirection ,misstated facts, all show your desperation to try and prove what you have put in print.

I think Roberts post is a fitting end to all this -
              "To many lies, too many tries. To much is lost or misrepresented."

Comment

I thought the folks at the Jewelry Exchange concurred with the wax mold theory?
                Craig,, isnt this where you brought a ring for analysis?
                Attached Files

Comment

original ss Ring

hello everyone finding a detector very happy today!!
                  will anyone help information about this ring?
                  who wore it and stuff.found the day before yesterday on the way back in the Czech Republic detector myself

Comment

Obviously Gruß Martin, SSNr 44746, 17.SS Standarte, born 03.02.09.
                    Greetings, daggers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X