No announcement yet.

Opinions Wanted on Bullion Officer Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The unterlagen is definately cardboard. Seems age toned. Here are the best pictures I can get without damaging the bullion.
    Attached Files

Comment

Scotty who?

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by Sayle F View Post
        Scotty who?
        Yup, your right. That's a Scotty Special.

Comment

Not impossible for faker to use a unterlagen copy eagle imo.

Comment

Yes...please pull up your knickers and show the good doctor your unterlagen!

Nav Enig,

Excellent close up shots displaying the unterlagen well, unfortunately old Doc S. and old Sayle F. know of what they speak with this particular eagle. I'm sure John knows which one it is now too.
            Sorry,

Richard

Comment

Youve shown me enough..its not a Scotty Special it is IMO a good one...just oddly shaped is all. Scotty specials I have held had no unterlagen but substituted thread for it.

Comment

Ss

Submerged head, poor beak, Seider eagles were better than this.

SS stuff has to be spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by panzer1432 View Post
                  Submerged head, poor beak, Seider eagles were better than this.

SS stuff has to be spot on.
                  Maybe from a collector's point of view, but not from SS's (does that look right?!?!) or even the RZM's perspective- there is plenty of period photographic evidence as well as vet bring-backs that show there was more variation in quality than some collectors would care to admit...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    You do realize that this could run 32 pages with varying opinions from people you never heard of and the toughest thing in the world in SS Cloth are bullion sleeve eagles? They have been supremely faked.

Can you pull the bullion back a little to expose what I think is Unterlagen?
                    Are you psychic?

Comment

collectors admit nothing ...............

its better that way .

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                        collectors admit nothing ...............

its better that way .
                        No - subscribing to that philosophy will forever be the downfall of all collectors someday . . . mark my words.

Comment

Did this thread just elevate to a new level?

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                            Maybe from a collector's point of view, but not from SS's (does that look right?!?!) or even the RZM's perspective- there is plenty of period photographic evidence as well as vet bring-backs that show there was more variation in quality than some collectors would care to admit...
                            I agree with you. But I have looked at many photos and have never seen an eagle that looked like that one. I have a ton of reference books.

Some folks might like it but it's not for me.

Comment

Dante A.

Originally posted by Jack Duha View Post
                              Did this thread just elevate to a new level?

Jack
                              Very astute observation. Now read this diagram carefully, very carefully and you will see they were are not actually gaining altitude but descending into the 9th Circle.

Pay particular attention to the descent through the 8th Circle.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Very astute observation. Now read this diagram carefully, very carefully and you will see they were are not actually gaining altitude but descending into the 9th Circle.

Pay particular attention to the descent through the 8th Circle.
                                So you know the circles? Good. So tell us - how many that choose to surround you have now attained access to the 9th circle?
                                Last edited by N.C. Wyeth; 03-05-2011, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X