Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Wanted on Bullion Officer Eagle

Gents,

Here's a pretty clean bird. Has unterlagen. Obviously it doesn't have crimped highlights on the swaz circle but it looks good under a loup.

What's the verdict? or

I appreciate the help!

NE
    Attached Files

Eagle

Comment

Officers Eagle

Another no for me too ......

Comment

and out.

Ian

Comment

I saw some areas of concern. Not looking good so far. Anyone else want to add their thoughts?

NE

Comment

No

No, bad Boid.

Comment

Nein

not even close

Comment

Bullion SS sleeve eagle

Naval enigma, it is bad. How much was the person asking for it? The price will tell you something about the piece you have in question. These birds that are real are expensive. Smitty

Comment

@ Smitty -- Retail price. I know what good one's go for.

Wool base is thinner than regular. Crimped bullion has rounded crimp edges, not the sharp ones. Obviously the body is too wide. Feet are a nice attempt. The black thread details in the wings use "fuzzy" thread.

Any disasters have been averted. Thanks!

Comment

and no unterlagen.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                      and no unterlagen.
                      NE,

You must have had it in hand when you checked for unterlagen, as you mentioned using a loop? I went by photos one time and it clearly looked like it had unterlagen. When I got it in hand, it did not, the flash had made white thread look like cardboard.

Very interesting if you saw the cardboard in this one. I don't believe I have seen one like this with it. Maybe a new class of fakes?

Richard

Comment

You can see clearly in the photo it does not have an unterlagen and brown thread was used inside the bullion...not a new class of fakes just a standard Pakistani way of embroidery.

Comment

I think I saw that one at the SOS. If it is the same eagle, it has unterlagen and I think it is a good eagle..

Bob Hritz
                          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Interesting Bob -- Yes this does have unterlagen, it is the first thing I looked for. Here are some close ups. The thread core is visible, it matches other known good eagles. Also there is a close up of the crimped bullion.

I'm having a hard time getting good images of the unterlagen as the bullion is very tight. You can see a hint of it in the wing detail.

For those who don't like it, is it the shape that is bothersome? Or is it just the lack of crimped highlights on the swaz ring at 3, 6, 9 and 12?

Is the swaz not fat enough?

Thanks again guys, I'm really trying to learn.
                            Attached Files

Comment

?

You do realize that this could run 32 pages with varying opinions from people you never heard of and the toughest thing in the world in SS Cloth are bullion sleeve eagles? They have been supremely faked.

Can you pull the bullion back a little to expose what I think is Unterlagen?
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; 03-04-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X