EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should a warranty on a item be ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeMil View Post
    Update 2th Jaunuary.

I have been in contact with the guy I sold the uniform to back in 1991/92.
    I have offered him the same amount I sold it for + a compensation of around 50 % more. I will get the jacket back and he will get the money.
    He is not interested in my proposal. He wants another SS jacket with all original insignias.

Derek
    That is complete doo-doo garbage. Tell him to take the money without any compensation or pound sand. Who is this clown, is he a member of WA?

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
      ... you can be a Gentleman or a scumbag, seems to me you choose the 2nd one...
      I don't take offense easily, even in the decidedly bare knuckle world of the SS forum, but TK's meaning seems pretty clear to me - unless he'd like to step up and apologise for the unfortunate phrasing.

Comment

Update 2th Jaunuary.

I have offered him the same amount I sold it for + a compensation of around 50 % more. I will get the jacket back and he will get the money.
        He is not interested in my proposal. He wants another SS jacket with all original insignias.

Derek
        Honestly at this point tell the guy to F#ck off! Nearly 20 years later! Come on where's the common sense.

Comment

Warranty

If you gave me a full refund after I owned an item that you sold me for 19 years, I wouldn't have the nerve to ask you for a penny more, or any type of extra compensation. I think that you've done quite enough to show this guy that you're being more than fair with him. You can't get an original SS tunic for $1500. on today's market, so I don't think that you owe him a replacement SS tunic in exchange for the one that you sold him 19 years ago!!! DeMil, you must have a lot of patience to deal with such a character, as my temper would've already reached the boiling point. I wouldn't waste my time dealing with this guy any longer, as he sounds like he's just trying to shake you down for another SS tunic. You offered him more than a fair refund, so stick to your guns, and don't let him bully you into some deal that isn't fair to you!!!

Best regards,

Tom

Comment

Hey..I kinda like that tunic for what it is...but you know what 19 years later he owns it and thats that it wasnt sold with malice intent to defraud so its his...I'll give him $200 for it.

Comment

Derek,

You have gone above and beyond the call...your offer is more than fair. You should do nothing more for this extortionist if he does not take your offer.

John made a fair backup offer.

Richard

Comment

Update 2th Jaunuary.

Derek
                So you offered him a deal and he refused that's it then you made the offer he refused in my book end of issue, to be honest he was lucky you made him an offer I know what I would have said!

We all get burnt but learn from the experience and move on I also agree with Bob Hritz below,

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                It seems that many here are descended from the family name: Whiner.

Best

John

PS who is this collector?

Comment

Update 2th Jaunuary.

Derek
                  I think you have been more than generous in your offer and have acted a complete gentleman

I think you should tell him to 'go forth and multiply', what a tosser, 19 years is taking the piss, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by VonBond View Post
                    I think you have been more than generous in your offer and have acted a complete gentleman

I think you should tell him to 'go forth and multiply', what a tosser, 19 years is taking the piss, if you ask me.
                    Yep, that's my view too. You made a fair remedial offer and that's you in the clear now.

Ian

Comment

DeMil,
                      DO NOT do it!
                      If you do his "solution", then you are setting yourself up for more drama 19 years from now. This guy will whant another upgrade by claiming "there was a stain I didn't notice", "some stitching came undone", "some moths attacked it in my closet", etc,.etc,. etc., OMG DO NOT accept his crazy demand for resolution. Just listen to the more respected collectors that have posted here, they have told what to do.
                      Regards and Good Luck,
                      Jp

Comment

Originally posted by VonBond View Post
                        VonBond,
                        Doesn't 'go forth and multiply', mean to "go out into the world and have a bunch of children"?? Do we really want someone like this to have children? IMHO the world has enough tossers as it is.

Jp

..........or did you mean for him to strap a bomb onto himself and go far out into the desert and blow himself into multiple little pieces?

Comment

Originally posted by John Pen. View Post
                          VonBond,
                          Doesn't 'go forth and multiply', mean to "go out into the world and have a bunch of children"?? Do we really want someone like this to have children? IMHO the world has enough tossers as it is.

Jp

..........or did you mean for him to strap a bomb onto himself and go far out into the desert and blow himself into multiple little pieces?
                          As I am sure you realise, but just in case, where I am from it means to 'F$CK OFF', and I agree that such as this should not have children, too many tossers already

Jerry

Comment

VonBond,
                            While you were typing your response, I was "googling" the phrase....found it; http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...and%20Multiply
                            Please excuse my ignorance!
                            I get it now!

Jp
                            p.s. I suppose not all expressions make sense!
                            Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by John Pen. View Post
                              VonBond,
                              While you were typing your response, I was "googling" the phrase....found it; http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...and%20Multiply
                              Please excuse my ignorance!
                              I get it now!

Jp
                              p.s. I suppose not all expressions make sense!
                              Cheers!
                              No need to excuse anything, it probably had a fairly limited useage, in both time and region

Comment

You don't owe this guy anything. You have gone above and beyond in your attempt to make things right with this unreasonable person and you are under no obligation to continue trying to appease him. I would consider further communication with this person to be a waste of time. Sometimes you just have to move on.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X