Rare SSVT tunic illusion...or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g hanson View Post
    I am the collector that sold the tunic to Mr Weitze and I would like to clarify a few points as I feel there may have been a few crossed wires.

Firstly, I have to say that I have been paid for this tunic and the point made about money being owed to me will be explained below.

Secondly, although I fully intended to discuss this tunic, I felt it only proper that I contact Mr Weitze personally before doing so. Unfortunately, the tunic has been posted for discussion before I have had a chance to do that.

In all honesty, I was rather disheartened and very disappointed to see this tunic appear on Weitze latest update in a very different configuration to which I sold it.

The tunic was originally traded from Keith Beaumont back in June. Literally a week or so after trading, I was offered a rare piece for my collection so I decided to sell the tunic and it was advertised for sale on the E-stand. However, there were no takers and so the tunic was offered to Helmut Weitze for €2500.

Helmut informed me that as the tunic had been shown on the forum and had received negative comment in that it was felt the insignia was probably replaced, he would only offer €1650. I subsequently accepted his offer so as not to lose the other deal.

A short time later I received another email stating that he had received the tunic and he agreed that the insignia was probably replaced. He also felt that the SD diamond was a reproduction and so would send this back to me and reduce the total amount of the tunic by €300 (his value of a real SD raute).

Unfortunately, I never received the diamond and Helmut has not yet refunded my €300.
    I'd be a little shocked to find out that the SD diamond is reproduction. If you do get the diamond back, please post it as I would certainly like to see what makes it a reproduction.

Comment

I remember a similar issue with this dealer regarding collar tabs on a WH generals uniform...

Erik

Comment

Thank you Mr. Pic for spotting this and bringing it forward

Isn't the internet fun?

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          I remember a similar issue with this dealer regarding collar tabs on a WH generals uniform...

Erik
          So do I,here is the thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194171&highlight=generals+tunic

J.S

Comment

Ouch...thanks for posting that it shows this is not a lone act and that it has possibly occured with previous uniforms sold by this person.

Comment

tunic

so , as it appears not the first time..
              what action can be taken to ensure it does not happen
              to another tunic..
              is he a member ??
              fraser

Comment

Another case of getting cut with pants down

he is going to hate this forum

WHAT A SHAME

I think collecting community deserves apology from this dealer this is fraud

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  Another case of getting cut with pants down

he is going to hate this forum

WHAT A SHAME

I think collecting community deserves apology from this dealer this is fraud
                  Absolutely. He puts the tabs on his site, then they disappear and magically re-appear on a tunic he is selling without disclosing the "restoration" job.

Does he think we are all too stupid to notice?
                  Last edited by ETN; 11-10-2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ETN View Post
                    Absolutely. He puts the tabs on his site, then they disappear and magically re-appear on a tunic he is selling.

Does he think we are all too stupid to notice?
                    He is hopping that someone that is not on this forum will eat his evil deal

Comment

Well done i think every case like this should be pinned . In most peoples book this is basically fraud & theft.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                        Ouch...thanks for posting that it shows this is not a lone act and that it has possibly occured with previous uniforms sold by this person.
                        Usually when he gets caught it's: 'This one somehow got by the staff'.

Nice expose' here John. This one has the waskily wabbit in der corner.

-wagner-

Comment

He cant say that with this one since it went to him as an SD tunic and was switched to a Der Fuhrer tunic in his custody.....well he could blame it on a stafff...gee one of my boys went crazy and stripped it and put new insignias on it without telling me while I ws out of town.

Comment

Yes of coarse he will hate the forum ...they all hate the forums the forums educate people about these things and those guys go out for a beer after work and talk about how stupid we are and that we are not experts and dont know what we are doing etc. etc. etc...and there are probably some forum members thinking ...that John Pic is such a trouble maker he should just be expelled from every forum because he causes so much trouble and he makes it hard on "good" dealers.

Comment

The thing being you pay the dealer a premium price- so you should expect some honesty and transparency for that premium. Whats happened here is knowing false advertising. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Comment

How many real/ untouched tunics are there out there?
                                Merdock

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X