No announcement yet.

A SS General tunic discuss please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad pieced together tunic...enlisted fake eagle,fake tabs etc. etc.

Comment

What John said...except worse.

Comment

The tunic itself is original, and the EK2 spange is original L/11 plus what John and Richard P said...except worse.

Comment

How much value that this dress? Thank you very much. My friend would like to know. I mean original part.

Comment

He wanted to sell. Transaction, please PM me. Thanks very much.

Comment

The only nice item really is the BW ribbon bar with the Lappland Shield, if it is real. Probably for an Admin officer or Medical etc. brought into service to help structure the BW.

Comment

The base tunic (or "canvas" so to speak) is great...but restored with problem parts so easy to fix.
                I especially like the Italian HBT lining.
                Not surprizing that an Austrian tailor used Italian materials (post armistice).
                Good restoration project!!

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                  The base tunic (or "canvas" so to speak) is great...but restored with problem parts so easy to fix.
                  I especially like the Italian HBT lining.
                  Not surprizing that an Austrian tailor used Italian materials (post armistice).
                  Good restoration project!!
                  Nick is probably right. It would be a great restoration project for someone with Johnny R's and his wife's skills. The lining & tags are great, and was probably a higher rank. It would be nice if the price was reasonable...but that does not usually happen after it has been purchased as an SS general's tunic, but...you never know.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                    Nick is probably right. It would be a great restoration project for someone with Johnny R's and his wife's skills. The lining & tags are great, and was probably a higher rank. It would be nice if the price was reasonable...but that does not usually happen after it has been purchased as an SS general's tunic, but...you never know.

Richard
                    I was dabbling to buy it but it is in China and they cannot take paypal. Following Richard's lead I suspect a price equal to 50 Szechuan vigins. My wife is not the restorer, I have a friend that collects WWI and restores stuff for museums that does the hand sewing. I would love to restore this but the logistics get in the way.

Comment

very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                        I was dabbling to buy it but it is in China and they cannot take paypal. Following Richard's lead I suspect a price equal to 50 Szechuan vigins. My wife is not the restorer, I have a friend that collects WWI and restores stuff for museums that does the hand sewing. I would love to restore this but the logistics get in the way.
                        Johnny,

Sorry about that...I thought I recalled your wife was a sewing instructor (machine type) or something like that. I just know you have done, or had done, some remarkable restorations. Yes...a trip to China might be required.

Richard

Comment

My friend said, buy in 90 years. Italian fabrics for the trophy when Italy took over. For the SS. Thanks very much. Production in 1943. When Italy took over the spoils. I'm sorry. My English is not good. Continue to sell very much thank you. I need PM

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                            Johnny,

Sorry about that...I thought I recalled your wife was a sewing instructor (machine type) or something like that. I just know you have done, or had done, some remarkable restorations. Yes...a trip to China might be required.

Richard
                            No worries, she can sew etc. but the guy that does the restorations (the Panzer waffenrock etc.) is a friend that lives in the US. I get to see all the evil tricks they use to create aged items for museums that want things that look original etc.

Comment

Thank you experts . So the basic tunic is really right . "Teacher" just call me . He said that guy told him , the SS get many this kind of drapery by occupied Italian after October 1943 ; and he buy this tunic in 1990s . So , is the SS tunic made by this kind of drapery very rare ? Did this kind of tunic used by ss officers only or used by SS soldier too ? Thanks very much , I want learn more by this changce .
                              Kind Regards .
                              Xiwan

Comment

We need to keep a tab on the "sale" of this tunic. I have been pmed with an offer to buy it. For everyones benefit I think we should keep each other informed in the thread especially with the language issues. The tunic is in China and they cannot accept paypal. That is what I know.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X