Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must say though Gary, that yours have been in the same vein as earlier and provocative.

This is on top of editing mine and Warlord's posts which were not offensive etc.
    Seems to be a trait of WAF moderators to hit that delete button.

Dan,

Maybe so Dan, But the post is not about Robin or I It was about a "Theory"

But I do have to disagree with you on editing yours and Warlords post, and while the post's here are edited they are backed up before editing, and although this thread did not start out about the dachau insignia it soon took up the main body of the thread, and what was added not only have no bearing on the thread in hand it had no bearing on this forum, there are other area's on this site that deal with that sort of item,

I also think it would have been a great dis service to your fellow Police officer for me to leave that post here and as your post Quoted the previous post in full and had comments regarding that post, thus became irrelevant.

However I will forward the message posted to Robin and he can decide if it was in keeping with this thread, and in fairness I will post also your comments to Warlord, then if any of you have problems with the post's you can converse though e-mail about it.

Dan I am not interested in politics So do not get me involved
    cheers,
    Gary

Comment

Dan.
      Thanks for your words. Irrespective of our jobs, we obviously think along the same lines.

Gary.
      I've sent you a PM.

I hope we can now close this thread in the good spirit in which it was opened.

Best regards,

Robin.

Comment

P.S.
        AND DON'T FORGET TO LOG IN TO OUR LIVELY DISCUSSION FORUM!
        "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
        -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

I guess Mr. Lee has lied like all the other vets then huh? I guess all the period pictures just look like the Dachau insigna. I could make the same theory that all EK posted are fake. YOu could show me 500 period photo's and 100 veterans testimony and I could allways say all these EK's are not like the one's in period pictures nor are they the ones veterans won or brought back, it looks like them but it's not. Guys this is what your doing here, it's crazy...you could discount ALL Third Reich items with this theory if you chose to do so...

Dan like Mr. Lumsden all you have brought to the table of discussion is "I don't believe". I really struggle to try and find the word for this because Denial is too weak....
          It astounds me people think this way....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Stickle
            A few thoughts: if I had posted that I had doubts about the "zillions" of mint Dachau foreign volunteer collar tabs, no one would have even responded and this thread would be (rightly so) buried about 5 pages back. If you are the author of some books, your opinion is held in higher esteem and people will take notice of what you say.

Regards,
            Mike
            Hi Mike;

I have to say that the above quoted statement is untrue and not a very fair assessment of what we're trying to accomplish here. With respect to Robin being an author, I do not own now nor have I ever owned a book by him. Have I heard of him? Yes, but more so for the notoriety he received awhile back totally unrelated to his writings. So for me, Robin being an author has absolutely no bearing on my contributions in this thread.
            Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Dan T
              I know we are now on last knockings but I do feel a few things need to be said.
              The last couple of posts from Robin have been conciliatory after a long and bruising thread.
              I must say though Gary, that yours have been in the same vein as earlier and provocative. This is on top of editing mine and Warlord's posts which were not offensive etc.
              Seems to be a trait of WAF moderators to hit that delete button.
              Robin, like myself, are Police officers who treat evidence carefully. We look for more than "he said this" and "he said that". Robin asked for some photographic evidence LINKING these Dachau "goodies" to US vets.
              To me, not an unreasonable request considering the volume of troops going through Dachau and the many photos of War Booty being displayed of other items.
              No, nothing appeared just more of the "he said this" and "he said that". There is no WW2 photographic of the stuff being worn. So for me, sorry, doubts still remain. A personal choice.
              If people wish to believe and invest money fine. I would not and nothing in this thread has made reconsider my previous held view.
              Your earlier contribution to this thread was directed at Chris Ailsby concerning his books and had nothing to do with Dachau insignia. Continue to make antagonistic posts towards other members and they'll get edited/deleted. If you don't like it, tough. That's the way it is. This forum is about SS Militaria. Period. The same goes for anyone else here.
              Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Tony.

You don't have any of the notorious Lumsden's books??

In that case, you don't know what you've been missing!!

(Sorry, people - I couldn't resist that one!)

Best regards,

Robin.

Comment

Got 'em all, and some of Ailsby's too.
                  NONE of them were published at the legendary bookpress located at Dachau!
                  "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
                  -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

Geez Tony, I wasn't trying to be unfair to anyone, and if Mr. Lumsden feels that way, then he has my sincere apology. I am still unsure that this thread would have gone to 13+ pages if I had questioned the Dachau tabs. Hell, I own four of his books!

Regards,
                    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Stickle
                      Geez Tony, I wasn't trying to be unfair to anyone, and if Mr. Lumsden feels that way, then he has my sincere apology. I am still unsure that this thread would have gone to 13+ pages if I had questioned the Dachau tabs. Hell, I own four of his books!

Regards,
                      Mike
                      Hi Mike;

I meant it to be taken that all should be treated equally here. That's all.
                      Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X