SS Police Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stubbie,

By all means then run right out and buy it. You ain't going to hurt my feelings and its your money.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by vonStubben View Post
      There is absolutely, unequivocably, NO trace or any shadow of a round police eagle patch on the left sleeve.
      So no ghosts of an oval Polizei sleeve eagle...That does not mean its SS...
      All this means is that it reconfirms that the piece predates TR...
      again a Weimar uniform...which also explains the lack of Polizei brown facings on the collar and cuffs...which would otherwise be typical for rock cut TR polizei garments...

...and modified with period added SS insignia? or more likely post war added SS insignia. Again the Bullion officers sleeve eagle does not make sense with the ghosts of Polizei enlisted pattern tabs...

That the SS insignia has unterlagen, that's a good sign...if the insignia belongs to the piece...hard to prove..a lot can happen in 70-some years !
      Nevertheless an interesting piece for sure, early Polizei!

I would post it in the Police section!
      Last edited by NickG; 12-30-2009, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
        Stubbie,

By all means then run right out and buy it. You ain't going to hurt my feelings and its your money.

Bob

Mr. Wirtz,

This forum is supposed to be a place of learning. It is not a place for misguided sarcasm from someone who obviously considers himself better than those of us who come here to study and learn. So pardon me if I don't care for your latest comments. If you had been following the thread from the beginning, you would realize that this is an item which I own, and put up for discussion, as I had questions regarding it.

I especially do not appreciate the liberties you have taken with my father's name. I am asking that you never do it again.

Signed,

Charles G. Stubben II

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
          Stubbie,

Bob
          ?

Comment

OK then, look at the placement of the eagle .... now that's NEVER right is it ? Like Bob has tried to tell you this isn't and never was an SS tunic and when you come to try to sell this thing that fact will resurface and bite you in the a$$ .

It's just SO easy for the hard of thinking to buy a collection.

Ian

Comment

I've been following the thread all the way and you have gotten valuable comments and opinions including from me. But you seem determined to make this piece something it never was and never will be: an original SS tunic. Some people just cannot accept the truth and then they lash out at those who are trying to help --- its a natural human response. I'm afraid my frustrations with this thread got the better of me.

Bob

Comment

This is my final post regarding this thread.

I do not believe that I have tried to make this something it may not be. I have simply been trying to learn all that I can before making any unwarrented conclusions or mistakes, by either stripping or not stripping this tunic.

For 42 years I’ve been studying, collecting, selling, buying and trading TR items, (it is all I do) and one thing I know for sure....you never know it all. Like many collecting fields, there is always something new to learn. This is especially true within the TR arena, as there are many documented, yet quite unorthodox things that they did. And probably many that we may never know of, since we weren’t there.

I want to say thank you to everyone for their opinions and advice, and for the most part, I have been able to obtain most of the the information needed regarding this item and appreciate everyone's input.

Regards,

Chuck

Comment

For what it is worth, I believe the tunic is a post-war put together piece. The odds of a pre-TR Weimar-era Polizei tunic being used by an officer in the SS-PD may not be astronomical, but the odds of one surviving to the present day only to be stripped by an unknowing antique shop owner are. I am not convinced that the eagle and the runes are original. I fully admit that my area of expertise is Heer uniforms, but the quality of both the eagle and the runes are not what I am used to seeing in period insignia, particularly the bird. I am not trying to pile on here, Chuck - these are just my feelings on it.

Happy New Year, all.

Don

Comment

IMO the eagle is an older fake circa 50s-70s...a few of those fakes did use unterlagens but my opinions should never be take as 100% factual information there is still alot of gray areas which we may never cover in a lifetime ....I wouldnt want it because Ive never seen a real tunic with one like it on there...but have seen plenty of faked tunics with similar eagles and plenty of loose examples like it...thus my conclusion it is bad.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X