SS evening dress Broach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Panzerpioniere is right - von Ribbentrop's formal evening dress plus that of a Totenkopf Untersturmfuhrer are shown in Beaver's second volume. Both have this badge and there are period photos of it in wear. In addition, he shows both forms of the evening uniforms shown in the Rudolf Kahl illustration provided by Dietrich.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Barto
      No Mark, the eyes don't flash.
      I was only teasing you Tony.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Schroeder
        I once had a Santa Christmas ornament and when you pulled a string attached to him his eyes flashed. I would love to own one of these badges one day but there are probably only a handfull in existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Schroeder
          I know, Mark.
          Best regards,

Tony

Comment

I don’t know if anyone else said it, but the reproduction first pictured was common sold by Delta International for something like $9.95. Just appears that the poor pin assembly was knocked off.

Believe I heard there is something like 11 real survivors?

Reverse of repro w/pin:
            <O</O
            Attached Files
            Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Last edited by Pieter Verbruggen; 01-17-2004, 10:34 AM.
              SUUM CUIQUE ...
              sigpic

Comment

Gendarm is definitely correct, the repro SS breast skull/banner badge is listed in Delta's old December 1986 catalog as their item nr. #88, priced at $12.50 retail, & $7.50 wholesale.

Comment

Red-eyed skulls were pretty unusual, but not unknown. Here's a pair of collar patches worn by a member of the Wehrwolf ex-servicemen's association in the 1920s-early 30s.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Those skull tabs rock!
                    I know they are not panzer but they would be cool to own!
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hopkins
                      Yes, originals do certainly exist...but boy that fake one would sure look good nailed to a wooden skull...oh never mind
                      Thanks for the laugh Andy , completely forgot about the wooden skull, why am I hearing the theme song to "Cops" playing somewhere

Comment

There was a newspaper article in the UK some time ago regarding a surviving Waffen SS man living in Leicestershire or somewhere. He was displaying his remaining momentos for the photograph in the article these included his EK2, Russian Front and one of the skull/wreath badges subject of this thread. His was certainly original.

Comment

I have seen one original of this piece, and it is as described with the red eyes, and frosted finish. As for me, I think they are kind of ugly and rather gaudy.
                          I had heard from the owner that these were associated exclusively with the Totenkopf Division. Is this true, or were they used by all the SS Division Members that did the high level cocktail parties?
                          Can't see the ladies being charmed by this piece of jewelry.
                          "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
                          -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

Very Rare these things are

I would not mind having an original in my collection Some nice pics in this thread .

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be in the SS section??

Tom

Comment

I love SS items because they are cheezy and in your face! I thought that was the point.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X