No announcement yet.

SS evening dress Broach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when the flood of fakes hit, circa 1968-- they then came with "nice" little RZM paper tags on the pins.

If, however, anyone has an Organisationsbuch der NSDAP, you will find one in wear on the drawing of the SS officer in "monkey jacket" that was used on page 49 (below) of the 1974 Ballantine's Illustrated History of the Violent History "SS Regalia" volume. Don't be deterred by some of the OTHER dreck in there... that is an original period OB page, as compared with the multiple ones in the "Nazi Regalia" volume. Don't know which issue was used, but in the other organizations' plates, NSDAP long service awards and ribbons are shown on the drawn figures, so 1940+.

Watch movie footage of the SS waiters etc at Hitler's Berchtesgaden hideaway and you will also see this badge being worn.
    Attached Files

Comment

well I'll be a monkeys uncle ,you learn something new everyday ! Rob
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Yes, originals do certainly exist...but boy that fake one would sure look good nailed to a wooden skull...oh never mind

Comment

Not so quick, I think Rick L. had one as a teenager as seen in this period photograph

Post Number 18

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=41374

Comment

I stand corrected and my apologies, I simply did not know there were originals of that uniform item.

Still looks cheesy! What have they been thinking!

Cheers, Frank
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

And believe it or not, Tony´s pic with the red eyes has made it MORE believable for me, because I have this red eyed (German) skull ring, which I know is original because of where it came from.Cheers, Frank
              Attached Files
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

front
                Attached Files
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

There was absolutely NOTHING weirder, more grotesque, and utterly Bad Hollywood Movie than the freakishly UGLY uniforms of the Ministry for the Occupied Eastern Territories. Every time I see a piece, I think they are just sooooooooooooo bizarre!

Comment

I do not have the volumes here at work, but I think the evening dress uniforms in Beaver's three volume set show this on the original uniforms pictured.
                    Steve

Comment

The pieces with the red eyes are fantastic looking pieces.

Does anybody know what the criteria for being awarded such a piece was?

John

Comment

Yes, 10 RM and a Strassenbahn ticket to the nearest jeweler.

I would imagine any SS man could have fashioned any object as long as it was not worn w/uniform.
                        Last edited by Brian S; 01-15-2004, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Found this in the book "Uniforms and Badges of the Third Reich" volume II: SA-NSKK-SS. by Rudof Kahl. Don't know anythingh about the quality of the book, but it is quite old. Original printed in the Netherlands.

Maybe the guy even wears Frank's ring?

Dietrich
                          Attached Files
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Close up (as good as possible):
                            Attached Files
                            B&D PUBLISHING
                            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Schroeder
                              Is there a device that makes those red eyes flash on and off?
                              No Mark, the eyes don't flash.
                              Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Barto
                                No Mark, the eyes don't flash.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X