X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.collectorsmilitaria.com/a...gle_011609.htm

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
      all parts of this tunic are real,but not have meet befor may 1945,maybe ten years ago
      .....and the exact evidence of that (other than because you say it is so) is where??? ...Because of no rust on the sleeve?? I hope that's not it.
      Peter

Comment

The proof

OK, I give in.
        Thank you, Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
          OK, I give in.
          Thank you, Peter
          You're welcome.

Comment

and the totenkopf tab was sold here on estand some time ago

Comment

Information

Was this information being kept a secret for some reason??

Comment

The same eagle it appears. I thought the tunic was bought many years ago? Am I missing something???

Comment

Eagle

Originally posted by tropenmilitaria View Post
                  The same eagle it appears. I thought the tunic was bought many years ago? Am I missing something???
                  Maybe the eagle was sold years back? Ask Bill Rannow. I came from him it appears.

Comment

Well that settles that! Pictures don't lie. To me it did look promising initially.... So good salty (Heer) tunic,
                    good salty insignia and restored to represent something exotic....

If it had been a 5 button tunic I still would have liked it (a lot).
                    Nothing wrong with restoring tunics with insignia that match the condition of the tunic!
                    (eagle image reproduced in case the link expires...)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 11-21-2009, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Wow! That is evidence that would have even put OJ away...

Comment

Another great thread.
                        Watching you guys unravel this one was awsome. Kinda like one of those Detective shows on TV.
                        With the price of these pieces of history being what they are, one would be crazy not to take notice of the expertise here on the forum.

Jack

Comment

The staining on the eagle points to once being on a SS lab coat

Comment

"The New Poster Child" for "Frankentunics" everywhere !!!!

By the way, is there a "Hall of Fame" here for these attempts?.....

Jack

Comment

Yes it was. Wanted to see how genius some of you where. If you would of looked way back at past threads I had this tunic without insignia. I got the collar tabs from Ruptured Duck and the Eagle from Collectors Military.

Sorry for the game playing guys but I really wanted to see if this was just another bull**** blog where people go to spew their self-proclaimed bull**** knowledge. Many of you DO know your stuff and that is very impressive.

Sorry for the dupe guys but the best way to see if something or someone is true blue, sucker punch em and see if they see it coming. You did. Good job.

Comment

That's pretty F$cked up!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X