Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmurray306 View Post
    Thanks for your continued input but....

Bob if your inferring I am making up a story as a "sales gimmick" please dont go there. ONE: I am not a dishonest person and...
    I still love his comment about "I am not a dishonest person"

Give me a break.

Nick, I think the sentiment is universal from everyone here that your points are correct about officers wearing enlisted tuincs/insignia (less bling) on the battle field. Thanks for showing all the great pics as well .

I think the fact that this character (mmurray360) tried to doop all the "experts" on here is where the problem lies. He knew very well what he had, he knew what he had done to the tunic, but tried to play it off as a period "field sewn" tunic. Now if he would have come out and said that he had restored it to represent a front line officer, I would see no problem with that, but he didn't. I personally don't see nothing wrong with restoring this type of tuinic, but you must tell the truth as to what it really is. I guess pride has a lot to do with it, maybe some would look down on a restored tunic, but who cares, most of the SS tunics out there are restored or messed with.

Comment

Agreed. Just trying to make the thread more interesting and educational...
      but I agree that the mud slinging is warranted! I'm done with my contributions to this thread. (received some positive PM's on my input.
      Its a shame how the thread developed.

Comment

Hi,
        Interesting discussions as always,SS tunics are the biggest minefield there is, for every real tunic there must be 1000,s of fakes, here for your enjoyment is my set of period applied collar patches.
        all the best Merdock
        Attached Files

Comment

Insignia

Originally posted by merdock View Post
          Hi,
          Interesting discussions as always,SS tunics are the biggest minefield there is, for every real tunic there must be 1000,s of fakes, here for your enjoyment is my set of period applied collar patches.
          all the best Merdock
          Yes, the differences are very obvious......right?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Moran View Post

Got a match? and yea, remove the insignia prior!!
            There you are ..

O wait , this is what it looked like PRIOR to putting this tunic together . I just found it saved as " MMurray bought at Bill Shea $ 350,- A ".

Since I'm pretty sure this kind of info was not found at the Ruptured Duck site , it must have come from W.A.F. & available here all along .
            A bit late , but the eagle was conclusive evidence already that the whole story was made up ..
            Attached Files

Comment

Filed under " B " - reverse of tab on this very tunic ( for the curious ! ) ..
              Attached Files

Comment

OK I could not resist posting this image... (after claiming I was done with this thread...!)
                Note TK tab and rank tab which both for some reason LACK silver officer tab piping...
                just like the (restored) TK officers tunic that started this thread! (albeit a different pattern skull)
                and also a Heer breast eagle added!... All this shown on a non combat tunic.
                Note cross strap, so its an early picture! My hunch isn that this TK officer was assigned to
                a Heer school posting and added the WH breast eagle, while attending the school!

This uniform (like the one that started this thread) would be laughed at in modern times!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 11-29-2009, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Here's another "could it have existed?" tunic example!

A Heer officer got hold of a SS dot camo tunic, removes the SS sleeve
                  eagle and restitches it in the Heer position, to show his Army affiliation!
                  (picture credit goes to PzV who posted this unique image in the photo section!)

I love this kind of non-text book stuff...that's why I really liked the (Heer) TK uniform
                  until it was revealed that it was a post war made creation...but stuff like that DID happen,
                  so don't be too quick to judge a uniform to be incorrect because of such anomolies!!!
                  (branch mis-matches)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 11-29-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Nick, You are changing the way I look at our hobby; altough I am not a fan of the kind of put together items that started this thread (fraud), I will not be so fast when questioning one off items. Thanks for your input and experience.

Comment

Pics

Nick, great pics! Love the Tk Officer with the breast Eagle. Your right I would never buy that Tunic unless you were selling it with a Pic of the Guy wearing it !

Comment

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
                        Nick, You are changing the way I look at our hobby; altough I am not a fan of the kind of put together items that started this thread (fraud), I will not be so fast when questioning one off items. Thanks for your input and experience.
                        You are very welcome! Continuing the TK panzer theme! Seriously this is my final contribution!
                        Check out these non regulation TK panzer officer tabs worn by a Ritterkreuz-trager no less!
                        Its again a different (earlier) enlisted pattern...NO silver officer piping either!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NickG; 11-29-2009, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Nick, All your fantastic reference photos should be in their own thread, so others could add theirs to as well

Comment

Originally posted by Kreager View Post
                            Nick, All your fantastic reference photos should be in their own thread, so others could add theirs to as well
                            I'll throw in this one from Holland - note the Zipper & kinky scarf .

Nick , good to see you back on the subject of " deviant items " .. !
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                              Nick , good to see you back on the subject of " deviant items " .. !
                              That's a good one! "Defiant items"
                              I LIKE THAT!!! = like "going against the grain"(non text book) !!!

Check out the cuff links (worn on a white shirt under a DOT SS tunic!!!) in post 158! Try that on a mannequin!
                              Here's the same officer. The boots and leggings look Dutch issue to me! Note sew-in Heer shoulderboards!
                              Photo credit again goes to WAF member PzV from Germany who posts primarily on the photo section!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 11-30-2009, 12:30 AM.

Comment

post 157 looks like it is vertical bullion TK tab and not embroidered.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X