X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomH View Post
    This photo represents about 10% of the entire group -
    Tom
    Do you (or anyone else) have pictures of the whole group or a list of the group?

Comment

deathshead comparison

Posting for Bryon Singer.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
        Jim,
        thank you for that picture, it looks to me as if the right tab is the exact same tab that I have on the estand without piping.

I will look closer but it seems like that to me.

Thanks!

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
          Thank you Mr. Toncar for your assistance.

Note: the tab on the left is an indirect veteran acquired example of a 1939 - 1940 vertical skull tab. The example on the right was brought to me several months ago for an opinion and appears (to me) to be identical to the one on Estand.

People are welcome to make their own comparisons.

B. N. Singer

Comment

I am now 100% sure it is the same tab.

Is it possible to hear more about where these two (especially the right one) were when they were in that condition (without the piping). When I have seen that tab first it had the piping to it. When was that picture taken? That would also be interesting to hear.

Thanks!

Fritz

Comment

This zig zag area certainly jumps out at you on both.

Glenn
              Attached Files
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Attached Files
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

It appears to me to be the self-same tab. So in the time between Mr. Singer examining it, and Fritz acquiring it, the piping has been added. Who has had it in the meantime?

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                    This zig zag area certainly jumps out at you on both.

Glenn

No, it is much clearer to see on the teeth and the bones. The zig-zag is hard to use as an indicator. There is no doubt they are the same.

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                      It appears to me to be the self-same tab. So in the time between Mr. Singer examining it, and Fritz acquiring it, the piping has been added. Who has had it in the meantime?

I am trying to find that out, I have PMed Mr. Singer as it would be good to know who has sent them to him.

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                        I am trying to find that out, I have PMed Mr. Singer... who has sent them to him.

Fritz
                        Sir, the veteran example is owned by me. As for the other example, I can only comment that it was brought to me for an opinion by a perspective buyer (who chose not to purchase it). Where that person acquired it, I do not know; however, I suspect that it had come from a european source. My reqrets that I cannot offer any better information to you or the forum.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                          Sir, the veteran example is owned by me. As for the other example, I can only comment that it was brought to me for an opinion by a perspective buyer (who chose not to purchase it). Where that person acquired it, I do not know; however, I suspect that it had come from a european source. My reqrets that I cannot offer any better information to you or the forum.

B. N. Singer
                          Thank you! Do you think it is possible to contact the person who brought it to you and then ask if he remembers who had offered it to him?

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Jim, the one on the left is an original and the one on the right is the fake that has been in turning up for about two years, just like the one that was originally posted.

Comment

Robert H.thank you for bring this subject up,, and also to Jim Toncar,Sonny and B. Singer.
                              As for the Tk Vertical Em with or with out #'s or letters. (not bullion), if you study this type of insignia you will fine that there were only a few makers of them ( once you start comparing tags cloth #'s to paper #'s and the Tk itself) ) you see how few makers there were.These Vertical Tk's with out #'s or letters were always hard to fine,, and forget about the same Tk with #'s way much harder to fine then any bullion.
                              The Vertical Tk's in question on the 1st page of this thread are All Counterfeits hands down. I seen a mint one at the Max show 2008 and you can see it was a counterfeit (Ray Charles could see that).
                              As for this picture of this large group all are talking about, I would say that group items (insignia) have been added to tunics, items have been changed out, tunics have been added etc. etc., a counterfeiters dream.
                              The new collector in a big way has help due to honest collectors on this forum and other forums.But also is up agains a mine feild of counterfeits.
                              John
                              J.F.
                              Last edited by John; 10-30-2009, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                                Thank you! Do you think it is possible to contact the person who brought it to you and then ask if he remembers who had offered it to him?

Thanks!
                                As I was only asked my opinion about this example by a perspective buyer, I do not feel comfortable in commenting who this person was. That will be left to him, should he decide to do so.
                                As the seller, a more pertinent question for the forum might be where did you obtain your example from?
                                B. N. Singer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 17 users online. 0 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X