TK tab E Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
    And by yours, every POS that comes from an unknown source is authentic.

Cheers,
    Brad

No, when the proof is there that it is not good it's not good, so simple is that.

But thank you for the information provided, it really helps us on.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
      No, when the proof is there that it is not good it's not good, so simple is that.

But thank you for the information provided, it really helps us on.

Cheers

Fritz
      Simple is absolutely the correct word!

Comment

Simple is absolutely the correct word!
        ....blah.....

Do you have something to show or do you want to make this your show?

Fritz

Comment

The burden of proof is ALWAYS on those making the claim that their item is original. It has to be that way. Any other way is madness. To make a claim that for an item to be fake pictures must be shown of the fakers in their garage producing the fakes is absurd.
          best wishes,
          jeff
          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
            The burden of proof is ALWAYS on those making the claim that their item is original. It has to be that way. Any other way is madness. To make a claim that for an item to be fake pictures must be shown of the fakers in their garage producing the fakes is absurd.
            best wishes,
            jeff

Thank you too for adding valuable information to that thread.

It is self-evident that an item will fall when there is proof that it is wrong, right so. Now bwanek1 says My items conform to known originals with documented provenance. What does he think the Plabst group is?

Furthermore: However, let me explain that, by your flawed logic, every POS that comes from an unknown source must be presumed authentic. He is the one that is clearly not listening, the vertical tabs shown by Peter Lukas were in the Plabst group.

It is a pity to see that eventually the thread is really going nowhere but down and that more and more big egos chime in in order to collect their postings for a day.

Thanks to those who had good intentions.

Fritz

Comment

who was Plabst ??????

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
                who was Plabst ??????

I was wondering the same thing...Any photos?

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

who was Plabst ??????

A question bwanek1 has not asked, well, he probably knows all the details.

Mr. Plabst was a T officer whose items (many very fine items) became available after his death. One of the largest T groups ever found.

Fritz

Comment

A question bwanek1 has not asked, well, he probably knows all the details.

Mr. Plabst was a T officer whose items (many very fine items) became available after his death. One of the largest T groups ever found.

Fritz
                    lol any photos of this group?

Comment

lol any photos of this group?
                      I may be wrong, but I think there were photos of the group at Hannah's Reich.

Comment

It is self-evident that an item will fall when there is proof that it is wrong, right so. Now bwanek1 says My items conform to known originals with documented provenance. What does he think the Plabst group is?

Furthermore: However, let me explain that, by your flawed logic, every POS that comes from an unknown source must be presumed authentic. He is the one that is clearly not listening, the vertical tabs shown by Peter Lukas were in the Plabst group.

It is a pity to see that eventually the thread is really going nowhere but down and that more and more big egos chime in in order to collect their postings for a day.

Fritz

Michale G.,

Who's to say that they are original to the Plabst grouping??? Prove that they came from the Plabst grouping. You're the one selling them and that seems to be the main "justification" that all of these tabs in question are original.

If I were a prospective buyer, whether or not they came from the Plabst grouping would be irrelevant (providing a picture of the Plabst grouping with these tabs does nothing to prove that they are original, or original to the group). The tabs in question need to stand on their own, and when you have extremely experienced, veteran SS cloth collectors (and not just US collectors) stepping up and expressing concern that they do not conform to known and accepted originals, and they resemble tabs which have only recently surfaced and are known to have been faked in the last few years, that should be cause to proceed with caution.

They're not with the grouping now, nobody has thus far provided a picture of them with the entire grouping as it was found (before they reached a picker's/dealer's/collector's hands, they do not conform to known and accepted originals, and they closely resemble known fakes that have only recently surfaced. They don't have a lot going for them.......

Rob

Comment

....blah.....

Do you have something to show or do you want to make this your show?

Fritz

No, correcting your error was all I needed to accomplish.

Comment

Fritz
                            If there is, indeed, real provenance, that would be great. Thus far, we have seen none. The burden of proof for establishing such a connection belongs to the person making the claim. Wait, I think I heard that somewhere before...

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                              Michale G.,

Who's to say that they are original to the Plabst grouping??? Prove that they came from the Plabst grouping. You're the one selling them and that seems to be the main "justification" that all of these tabs in question are original.

If I were a prospective buyer, whether or not they came from the Plabst grouping would be irrelevant (providing a picture of the Plabst grouping with these tabs does nothing to prove that they are original, or original to the group). The tabs in question need to stand on their own, and when you have extremely experienced, veteran SS cloth collectors (and not just US collectors) stepping up and expressing concern that they do not conform to known and accepted originals, and they resemble tabs which have only recently surfaced and are known to have been faked in the last few years, that should be cause to proceed with caution.

They're not with the grouping now, nobody has thus far provided a picture of them with the entire grouping as it was found (before they reached a picker's/dealer's/collector's hands, they do not conform to known and accepted originals, and they closely resemble known fakes that have only recently surfaced. They don't have a lot going for them.......

Rob
                              Well said.

Comment

More brilliant logic; I paraphrase: "It was among good items, therefore it too must be authentic."

Pure genious.
                                Brad,

Exactly my point. Even if it was found with the grouping, that says nothing about it being original. Groupings from veteran estates, from widows and relatives of veterans, etc. turn up rather frequently with 100% fake items mixed in. There are a number of reasons to explain how they got there (no need to elaborate on those) but in the end the item itself has to stand on its own, regardless of where - or who - it comes from.

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X