TK tab E Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many opinions,

How about providing some proof these fakes you are talking about even exist?

If you know they turned up for 2 years ago you must be able to show us a new fresh produced fake and more info? Who sold them, how do they look? Why are there not 100´s of them out there?

Cheers
    Peter

Originally posted by milan12 View Post
    hello Robert

I have same opinion as YOU, you are 100% right.

Thx for your opinions
    www.military-antiques-stockholm.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C View Post
      ...it is my strong opinion that we still have much to learn in this hobby and that numerous quality pieces have been unjustly tarnished because of entrenched and out-dated beliefs.

Mike

I agree with you 1000% on this comment...

Tom

Comment

The ones w/o the number reflect the same skull style.
        Why are not hundereds out out? Because some people think they are smart.
        Ask other collectors if they have seen this tab style before the last 2-3 years, I already can say you will get a No answer for it.

Or is there already a 1000% conspiracy going on? That we have now to learn from a new surfaced skull pattern?

I am not into any conspiracy's and think what ever u want and learn as much u want with and from it.
        Last edited by Robert H; 10-29-2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post

I am not into any conspiracy's and think what ever u want and learn as much u want with and from it.
          Robert,
          then why are you suggesting that? Really, I think that is not constructive at all.

Well, three of the tabs available now are from the Plabst group. At least to my knowledge but you have claimed that you did inspect the group when it was found and back then you say these tabs were not a part of the group. That leaves two options:

1. I have taken it the wrong way and you never inspected the group when it was found.

2. My information is wrong.

It would help to solve that question. Is it possible that I misunderstood what you were saying?

Fritz

Comment

I "vote" Not correct.

Could someone post a picture for me?

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by Peter v L View Post
              The Plabst group for instance which is one of the largest TV group find in a long time, it contained two of this type of tk collartabs.
              Peter v L

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
              Well, three of the tabs available now are from the Plabst group.

Can anyone prove this beyond doubt, or are we just going on words here?

Is there a photo of these very tabs with the rest of the Plabst group?

Rob

Comment

Can anyone prove beyond doubt that the tabs are fakes?

The person who found the group can confirm they was in the group when he bought it. The person who bought it from him can also confirm it.

There are also photos, maybee one will be shown when the presumed fake is posted.

I think the one who say these are bad must provide some info why they are bad first and show the fake tabs in "raw" condition.

Cheers
                Peter

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                Can anyone prove this beyond doubt, or are we just going on words here?

Is there a photo of these very tabs with the rest of the Plabst group?

Rob

sigpic

Comment

I guarantee that the posted deathshead is fake, they started turning up about two years ago , when compared to other known pieces in old collections they are sadly lacking. As to old references give me a break , Mollo's books are still the backbone of SS cloth , concerning the Pabst find if something is fake its fake , it would not be the first time something has been added to a "find" or even perhaps switched . as for who made them , I have no idea but he didn't make them good enough ... I vote for Sonny, Robert H. Bryon Singer and anybody else who has studied Deathshead tabs and has seen this pattern .

The 1938 Deathshead in cotton was made only "one Way " it is a no brainer " if you take the time to look at them you will see glaring inconsistencys in the pattern, as to aging well if they can fake a Rembrandt with age this collar tab is a speed bump. This is not the first time this tab has fooled someone.
                  Not for my collection ............
                  jimtoncar

Comment

Completely agree my Jim.
                    Lorenz

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
                    I guarantee that the posted deathshead is fake, they started turning up about two years ago , when compared to other known pieces in old collections they are sadly lacking. As to old references give me a break , Mollo's books are still the backbone of SS cloth , concerning the Pabst find if something is fake its fake , it would not be the first time something has been added to a "find" or even perhaps switched . as for who made them , I have no idea but he didn't make them good enough ... I vote for Sonny, Robert H. Bryon Singer and anybody else who has studied Deathshead tabs and has seen this pattern .

The 1938 Deathshead in cotton was made only "one Way " it is a no brainer " if you take the time to look at them you will see glaring inconsistencys in the pattern, as to aging well if they can fake a Rembrandt with age this collar tab is a speed bump. This is not the first time this tab has fooled someone.
                    Not for my collection ............
                    jimtoncar

Comment

If the tabs are with the Plabst group show the photo with them .
                      The only real tabs that were shown is when Robert posted the tabs from ssvtmilitaria web site. This fake originated just as jim Toncar described.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                        Unfortunately that is not the way it works, the burden of proof is clearly on those who attack someone or something.

I am not condemning the discussion, which is 100% ok especially on a forum, I am condemning the lack of proof and the fact that my words are being doubted and ignored.

I've seen the picture, it was a very nice picture. Believe it or not, that's all you get.

Thanks for understanding.

Fritz
                        Last edited by Fritz; 10-29-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I am sorry, but you have proved absolutely nothing.

I see no pic of how they look "RAW" I have not seen one pic of other standing tabs which should look like the numbered one on Grant site but without numbers. I have not heard who is supposed to make them. Just that they turned up two years ago....how did they turn up? Where did they turn up? Who turned them up?

Come on now show some nice good originals then without numbers, show original period photos of them worn......show something except paranoia and hot air!

The picture do exist don´t worry......

Cheers

Peter v L

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                          The only real tabs that were shown is when Robert posted the tabs from ssvtmilitaria web site. This fake originated just as jim Toncar described.

sigpic

Comment

...the burden of proof is clearly on those who attack someone or something.
                            Quite to the contrary, the burden of proof is most certainly on anyone claiming the authenticity of an item which does not conform to known originals.

If someone claims to have found the "lost Hitler diaries," we do not simply accept the claim and assume them to be original until someone can absolutely prove them to be forgeries.

We are rightly skeptical of new "discoveries" and oddities when dealing with historical artifacts, particularly those which are of considerable value and/or often faked.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                              Quite to the contrary, the burden of proof is most certainly on anyone claiming the authenticity of an item which does not conform to known originals.

If someone claims to have found the "lost Hitler diaries," we do not simply accept the claim and assume them to be original until someone can absolutely prove them to be forgeries.

We are rightly skeptical of new "discoveries" and oddities when dealing with historical artifacts, particularly those which are of considerable value and/or often faked.
                              According to that logic let me explain to the world that everything you had, have and will have is fake.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

According to that logic let me explain to the world that everything you had, have and will have is fake.

Cheers

Fritz
                                No, you aren't paying attention. My items conform to known originals with documented provenance.

However, let me explain that, by your flawed logic, every POS that comes from an unknown source must be presumed authentic.

Cheers,
                                Brad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X